Mobile Threat Net / WxWorx Pricing (2018 & 2019)

Does anyone know what the current plan tiers and pricing are for Mobile Threat Net (WxWorx)? I noticed my monthly bill went up to $89.97. My unit is now showing data consistent with the old Master Mariner plan (radar and lightning) but not the Responder (no satellite and SPC outlooks). Master Mariner used to be $49 and the Responder was $99. I knew the plans changed a while ago, but I never could confirm the numbers.

I have been unsuccessful in finding this information online anywhere. I also emailed Baron support a week ago but haven't received a response. Anyone from Baron lurking Stormtrack?

Does anyone know what the current plan tiers and pricing are for Mobile Threat Net (WxWorx)? I noticed my monthly bill went up to $89.97. My unit is now showing data consistent with the old Master Mariner plan (radar and lightning) but not the Responder (no satellite and SPC outlooks). Master Mariner used to be $49 and the Responder was $99. I knew the plans changed a while ago, but I never could confirm the numbers.

I have been unsuccessful in finding this information online anywhere. I also emailed Baron support a week ago but haven't received a response. Anyone from Baron lurking Stormtrack?

My unit is off right now. I usually turn it on in the Spring. A new unit and 6 months service was given away at Chasercon 2019, but they didn't have their booth. I was hoping to chat about some technical issues with their rep. They were absent in 2017, don't know about 2018. I was able to find their website with unit pricing packages a few weeks ago but didn't look for the various service levels.

My unit is off right now. I usually turn it on in the Spring. A new unit and 6 months service was given away at Chasercon 2019, but they didn't have their booth. I was hoping to chat about some technical issues with their rep. They were absent in 2017, don't know about 2018. I was able to find their website with unit pricing packages a few weeks ago but didn't look for the various service levels.

Here's the equipment link: https://www.wxworx.com/all-products

I heard back from Baron and Sirius. It turns out that Sirius XM switched me to a quarterly billing instead of monthly, which is why my bill was $89.97. Baron said the Threat Net plan tiers and pricing are still the same:

Sailor - $29.99/month
Master Mariner - $49.99/month
Responder - $99.99/month

I am seeing lightning data now with the Sailor plan, which is a new thing. Used to be you had to have Master Mariner for that.

Last edited:
Dan, could you DM me on here, or on Discord, regarding the plans? I can't seem to get anyone at Baron to ask about this whole deal.

Kaitlin and Cliff are excellent. Got me squared away, GPS working now, products appearing on map.

Here's what I found for the plan tiers for WxWorx units -

Responder appears to be gone. Skywatcher appears to be gone.

Fisherman (Marine), Sailor (Marine), and Aviator LT (Aviation) are now $30/month, or $90 for 6 months on a special offer.
Those three packages now include lightning detection.

Master Mariner is $50/month, Aviator is $60/month, and Aviator Pro is $100/month.

If you haven't done so in a while, you're going to have to contact Baron to get the GPS and mapping update, or your GPS won't work.

Worth noting, there are 3 new marine packages: Inland ($13/month), Coastal ($30/month), and Offshore ($55/month). These are not packages for WxWorx units, and appear to be for Garmin, Furuno, and other devices that are more like chartplotters for boats. This would be an interesting addition to most Chase Rigs, as the $13 Inland package appears to include most of what you need.

I have been using Baron Mobile ThreatNet for years and plan on activating again this chase season. I had a nice talk with Cliff Windham yesterday. There are two service levels (Responder $99/month and Master Mariner $49/month.) I have attached a detailed pdf brochure with the differences between the two levels. I use the Responder because of the better rotational markers. Although I also use GrLv3, I still like having Mobile ThreatNet since it chugs along in areas with crappy internet. I also find it easier to use when chasing alone. A quick glance usually gives me enough information. Cliff also gave me some additional useful info. They've improved the radar update timing from 5 to 2 1/2 minutes. Their lightning data now includes both CG and CC. Before, it was only CG. As usual, their tech support is free and easy to reach. Cliff said there is a $100 discount on the systems if ordered through him. They also have an app with high resolution radar that I plan on investigating.
See attached brochure for detailed info on the service levels:

Attachments

• !MTN Features Chart GEN3 082718.pdf
    591 KB · Views: 0
@Bill Hark Thanks for the info - do you know whether it now requires new equipment? Reading Dean's post above, I kind of get a bit of impression of that but perhaps I'm just reading it wrong!
It worked fine last year (and I've had my system since 2005 - and it still works, although I'm always concerned about the thin GPS wire!).

@Bill Hark Thanks for the info - do you know whether it now requires new equipment? Reading Dean's post above, I kind of get a bit of impression of that but perhaps I'm just reading it wrong!
It worked fine last year (and I've had my system since 2005 - and it still works, although I'm always concerned about the thin GPS wire!).

Paul, one doesn't need new equipment. I still use my receiver that I purchased in 2005. I've kept a spare antenna but have not needed t so far. They are now on generation 3 receivers, but I've occasionally seen used ones for sale at a very reasonable price.

Paul, one doesn't need new equipment. I still use my receiver that I purchased in 2005. I've kept a spare antenna but have not needed t so far. They are now on generation 3 receivers, but I've occasionally seen used ones for sale at a very reasonable price.

Ditto, my receiver is the original I bought in 2004.

Back