Mobile Threat Net USB Unit for Sale

Up for sale is a XM WxWorx / Mobile Threat Net full kit powered by USB. The unit is in good condition and was only used for 2 storm chasing seasons. This package includes all parts (receiver, antenna, AC and DC power cords, USB cord, software) and I still have the original box and setup instructions. In addition, I will also throw in the GPS/mapping upgrade that I bought during the second season ($250 value) that will only work with this specified receiver. This means that you will be able to use a GPS device to show your location on the mapping display relative to the storm (a must have for storm chasers!). The included ThreatNet software is version 1.33, but you can upgrade to the latest version for free by going to the WxWorx website.

Mobile Threat Net has been my best friend while storm chasing. I bought the system in April 2008 and used it during the 2008 & 2009 severe weather seasons. The set-up worked flawlessly and guaranteed me radar access no matter where I was storm chasing. I am only selling it now because I got a new job and will not be able to chase storms much anymore, thus I will be only using cell phone internet on the off chance that I get to weekend chase. Threat Net was an ideal set-up because it gives you access to data even when you don't have cell phone/data coverage.

Things you might want know about this kit before you consider bidding:
1) Everything in the package is original and in working order

2) I put a small strip of velcro on the bottom of the receiver so I could velcro the device in my car(see photo). There is a mounting plate that comes with the kit, but I never used it. I didn't try removing the velcro, but you might be able to do it with fingernail polish remover or something.

If you are not too familiar with this system, check out the WxWorx website: (http://www.wxworx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&Itemid=217), and remember there is a monthly fee you will have to pay to XM to subscribe to the weather data. I would often subscribe for a few months out of each year during peak severe weather season, then cancel it for the rest of the year and re-subscribe the next.

No additional cost for shipping, and I will insure the package.

Paypal Only.

PM me with an offer within the next week, otherwise I will list the item on e-bay around that time. Starting bid on Ebay will be $700 / no reserve.

Back