Mobile Laptop Desk

I am chasing in an older model Honda Accord (89 model) currently and I need a laptop desk for my Inspiron 9300 that has a 17" screen. Something that will allow me to keep the radar open while driving. Any suggestions on what I should buy? TIA.

Brett,

Do a search on this in the archives. This was discussed in some detail before chase season really got in swing.

I can't tell you for sure, but it seemed like the Jotto Desk got the most nods for a commercially made desk. Others were pretty well homebuilt though there were a couple fo other companies out there. Ram Mount being another one that I looked at.

John

Brett,

Jotto Desk is a very nice piece of equipment. Reflecting what John stated.. I purchased mine from a member of the board.., Hank Baker.. He was able to get me a healthy discount on it.. If you were to PM him through the board here. im sure he can hook you up..

Fred

Jottos are the way to go. I've used several homemade setups but nothing is as comfortable as the Jotto desk. I just bought a second one for the back seats.

Brett,

Jotto Desk is a very nice piece of equipment. Reflecting what John stated.. I purchased mine from a member of the board.., Hank Baker.. He was able to get me a healthy discount on it.. If you were to PM him through the board here. im sure he can hook you up..

Fred
[/b]

Thanks Fred. I PMed him so hopefully I will get an answer back and see what he can do for me. I really need something very durable and I am hoping to get things setup very well before the cane and fall severe seasons get here.

If you a looking for a laptop mount solution that is economical, you might look at the following link:

http://www.mobilelaptopmount.com/

I heard about them through the WX-Chase list last year and ordered their laptop mount via Ebay. They were prompt and reliable. Got a simple and easy to install mount for about $43. It doesn't take up much room and I have been quite happy with the mount.

Matt

Back