Mapping software capability w/Baron's Mobile Radar

Does anyone know if there are any mapping software programs that would be compatible with the Baron's software? I know they provide mapping software, but it is somewhat primative and I'd like more precision.

You can use Franson's GPS gate to split your GPS and then run Microsofts Streets & Trips or Delorme which both have much more precision. I haven't tried it on WxWorx but I do run S&T as well as GR3 gps locator at the same time and haven't had many problems with it.

I ran the USB Delorme GPS unit with both Delorme Street Atlas and WXWORX doing nothing more than plugging in the GPS to the USB and it ran just fine on both simultaniously. The mapping on WXWORX leaves much to be desired IMO.

Marc are you asking if there can be another GPS mapping base that can be used instead of the baron GPS base map. Like use DelormeSA2006 as your gps base overlay map?

That I would be interested in if that could happen.

are you asking if there can be another GPS mapping base that can be used instead of the baron GPS base map. Like use DelormeSA2006 as your gps base overlay map?

Yes I was wondering if there were any overlay map programs that can be used with the WXworx interface without having to open another window with mapping and gps. I'm pretty sure there isn't, but I thought it would be worth asking. They definitely have some improvements to make with regard to mapping and professional radar types.

Back