Looting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep referring to these folks as looters? The more video I see of this (now of a Walmart in Mobile I believe -- maybe in New Orleans), the more I realize that we need to refer to these folks as THIEVES! Folks stealing TVs, XBoxs, jewelry, etc... You MAY have a moral argument if folks are starving to death, etc, but there is NO moral argument for the folks that are stealing non-essential items. Grrrrr.

Why do people keep referring to these folks as looters? The more video I see of this (now of a Walmart in Mobile I believe -- maybe in New Orleans), the more I realize that we need to refer to these folks as THIEVES! Folks stealing TVs, XBoxs, jewelry, etc... You MAY have a moral argument if folks are starving to death, etc, but there is NO moral argument for the folks that are stealing non-essential items. Grrrrr.

i love the fact that they have all this crap and will not be able to use it for a very long time.

This is simply civil order breaking down. This is what happens in a power vaccume. (Coincidentally, this is why Libertarianism/Anarchy can't function as a political system -- it denegerates into warlordism). This looting would happen anywhere in any city in America if everyone around felt that there was no chance of getting caught.

At the moment there is effectively no law enforcement in NOLA. Can you imagine that? People can do whatever they want and get away with it. Murder, rape, arson... anything. I can't imagine what is going on in NOLA right now and don't want to. Looting is the least of their problems.

Very much agreed....

At this point in time, it's time to get the keys to the weapons cache...esp. after the prision riot and all the looting that is occuring. Laws of society have degraded to the point the conventional methods are meaningless.

Saw a shot where they where rolling a desk down the street . This desk was a desk from an office since it still had papers on it. No concern about the stuff inside that might be very important to the owner of that desk. That is plain stealing and robbery not looting. :(

Saw a shot where they where rolling a desk down the street . This desk was a desk from an office since it still had papers on it. No concern about the stuff inside that might be very important to the owner of that desk. That is plain stealing and robbery not looting. :(

Thats sad and pretty funny if you think about it.

Sorry if people dont think it is funny.

They'll all be having a pity party when they are forced out of NO and can't enjoy or profit from their deeds and find it all ruined when or if they can return.

I can have a little sympathy with the grocery store looters (though the video on TV showed the looters as all smiles which tells me they are enjoying the endeavor). My question is what the heck are you going to do with a TV or microwave oven with no power and water rising? There is simply not enough man power to deal with the issue and there are much higher priorities. NBC Nighly News showed a dead man on a curb. Homicide? The only good news about the rising waters is that the crime wave should get seriously reduced as people will not be as mobil. A good reason to raid the grocery store but these peole should have been out of dodge when the evac order was given. A 24-hr curfew would be helpful in theory but not very enforcable. NOLA is anarchy.

Just saw some video of NOPD officers raiding a store and before you say they need supplies the buggy was full of junk that would not be needed for rescuing people or anything else for that matter, like a display shelf of perfume. Another NOPD officer was shot while trying to stop some Looters. It is very sickening. Haley Barbour is not to worried about looting on the Ms gulf coast since there is nothing left to steal. Also heard of some guys wading in waste deep water wearing a full length Mink coat. It is really disturbing. I have my artillery ready in case someone tries it my neighborhood. I doubt they will but you never know. People are getting real edgy hear and bored with no electricity. WAPT is still going wall to wall with some incredible video and interviews. Streaming can be found on their sister stations web site WVUE.COM.

As more evidence of the atrocity occurring, from NOLA.com

Children's Hospital under seige
Tuesday, 11:45 p.m.

Late Tuesday, Gov. Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher described a disturbing scene unfolding in uptown New Orleans, where looters were trying to break into Children's Hospital.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

The director has sought help from the police, but, due to rising flood waters, police have not been able to respond.

Bottcher said Blanco has been told of the situation and has informed the National Guard. However, Bottcher said, the National Guard has also been unable to respond.
http://www.nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/in..._08.html#075290

Calling all flatbottom boats in area to help with evacuation of new orleans. last time in New Orleans I had a gun stuck in my face. Me and my flat bottom boat arnt going anywhere near new orlans. dont need my name on that list of dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back