Looking for chasers

Originally posted by Cstok
The last thing we need is a reality show around this... Less publicity is better as far as I'm concerned. Especially the publicity a \"reality show\" of amature chaser could generate.

Not to mention that the media would have a field day using ANYTHING negative that would come from it.

In all seriousness - you need to come clean on this deal. From the sound of it, what you're really looking for are contestants, not chasers. Perhaps you've made your request on the wrong board?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scoa/

I think you'll find what you're looking for there :wink:

Ken is legit, I met him on May 29th and we chased together capturing somewhere along the lines of maybe 3 or so tornadoes in Harper County. He's a great guy who definatley knows his stuff.

You gonna be back out here this way this year, Ken?

If it is a reality show, then I need to be on it. I'll follow the cameras around and every few minutes stick my head in front of it and say things like "it's nothing like this," "that's bullsh*t," and "follow me to the diary room if you want the real story."

Now that would be reality :wink:

LMAO!!!

:lol:

Ken is legit, I met him on May 29th and we chased together capturing somewhere along the lines of maybe 3 or so tornadoes in Harper County. He's a great guy who definatley knows his stuff.

Being legit doesn't answer anything regarding the secrecy surrounding Ken's initial and subsequent posts in this thread.

If Ken wanted a true reaction to this project, he should've either explained it in full or at the very least given a hint as to what this project is about. Neither trust nor respect is earned by posting cryptic messages and avoiding the questions posed by others.

Jason

Jason,

This is completely off-topic, but I just wanted to take the time to say that white tornado in your avatar is breath-taking!

Is that Mulvane by any chance?

-George

You gonna be back out here this way this year, Ken?

Then there's absolutely no reason why he hasn't posted his exact intentions on here. I've never heard of him, save for this mysterious post, so as far as I'm concerned, he's anything but legit. Commenting that "it's what I expected" regarding our reactins to his "offer," that's as easy as waking up in San Diego and saying "70 degrees and sunny today."

I'm not so skeptical of the original post as I am his attempt to push the issue onto us by our reactions. Ok Ken, we're all curious now. Are you going to let us in on what it is you're after or will you simply go down as 2005's "gimmick guy" of the year? It's up to you...

Nah, I'm not saying that answers anything around what he posted, but I'm saying that he isn't just some yahoo looking to do reality show either or likewise as some has suggested.. I'm sure he has his reasons for posting this.

Who knows, maybe his project is doing a study to see how many people would jump on the opportunity to go on an all expense paid chasecation..

Who knows, maybe his project is doing a study to see how many people would jump on the opportunity to go on an all expense paid chasecation..

Asking that here, with this crowd, is like asking how many cubans caught on a boat floating into the U.S. want to stay here.

Its sad we've given three pages of space on this server to this silly thread.

I'm just saying that I don't think it's anything for anyone to get their panties in a bunch over, I've seen more silly things than this discussed, I don't htink it's really that big of a deal.

I mean I don't know why he asked, nor am I gonna make a big deal of it either... I just move on to other things and if he wants to explain I'm sure he will.

Jason,

This is completely off-topic, but I just wanted to take the time to say that white tornado in your avatar is breath-taking!

Is that Mulvane by any chance?

:D Thank you for the compliments George, and yes, that is indeed the Mulvane tornado. If you're interested in the rest of my images of the Mulvane tornado, they can be found at http://www.onthefront.ws/jun1204.htm.

Once again, thank you.

Jason

Speaking of Reality shows and chasing:

A couple of years ago, I was contacted by a producer who was wanting to make a reality show that made a competition between chase tour groups. He was talking BIG money involved and everything, but after I sighned the confedentiality agreement, I never heard back from him.

Probably a good thing.

Back