Looking for chasers

I'm looking for four to six people who would be interested in an all expenses paid storm chase trip for six weeks. I would prefer people who are rather inexperienced. Give me some feedback on what you think.

I think it's strange you'd offer to fully fund a chasing endeavor that stands a good chance of being a total failure. Almost seems like a sociological experiment in disguise.

I would volunteer myself...I lack actual field experience, though am knowledgable about severe weather in general. But what the hell is this?

You might get a better response if you'd explain your intent. I mean:

A. No experienced storm chaser who wishes to chase deliberately seeks out inexperienced partners.

B. Most people don't just offer up 6 chase rides out of the goodness of their heart.

So I can understand why people would view such a request as weird or even creepy.

So what's your angle? Is this "project" the next version of Survivor or what?

-George

Yeah, as a former moderator I can't speak for management anymore, but it's standard practice on Stormtrack to make full disclosure with these sorts of "mystery offers." Understandably, I think, since a lot of new chasers and even people looking for tour groups and otherwise come here for reliable advice.

Originally posted by Ken Johnson
I'm looking for four to six people who would be interested in an all expenses paid storm chase trip for six weeks. I would prefer people who are rather inexperienced. Give me some feedback on what you think.

2 words.......ummm, no!!

I have a reason, but I can't discuss it at this time, since the details aren't worked out yet but should be soon. I was bascially seeing if there would be any interest. You are not comitting yourself one way or the other.

Originally posted by Ken Johnson
I have a reason, but I can't discuss it at this time, since the details aren't worked out yet but should be soon. I was bascially seeing if there would be any interest. You are not comitting yourself one way or the other.
Personally, you should have had ALL the details worked out BEFORE posting a topic like this. There will be young chasers that would love to get a free chase tour. It seems a little irresponsible to "put the cart before the horse"!!

You should probably read the Stormtrack forum rules too:

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/rules.htm

This seems like it applies since we don't know what you are up to:

7. Commercial content. Stormtrack allows responsible posting of commercial content relating to the atmospheric sciences only. If you directly represent a business, you will be expected to participate responsibly in questions asked by our members, otherwise your post will be treated as a commercial solicitation and a ban may be imposed on your account.

I would agree with Bill. Not to be too harsh, but it's very strange to expect reasonable people to express any sort of interest when you omit details about your project, your experience, and yourself. This is more of a hobbyist site than a fanboard, so about a dozen of us already know who you are, where you work, and have read the bio on your station's website. You can understand that in something like chasing, we're accustomed to people who have less than your reputable credentials.

Back