Looking for chasers

Is this a project with the TV station you work for then.
Taking folks who never really chase to the plains and
doing a documentary on the chase and then airing it
on the tv station you work for during sweep months,

Mike

Yeah, I could imagine it would be easy to find 6 people here who'd love to tag along for 6 weeks of free chasing.......provided you are legit, have adequate experience and don't intend this to be some sort of circus.

But ultimately, you'll only be able to gauge the true level of interest after all the details are shared. I mean there must be some catch to this.

With that said, I'm not doubting you either. But there's no way I would tell you I was interested unless I knew the exact details of what you have in mind. I imagine everyone else here feels the same.

Originally posted by Ken Johnson
I have a reason, but I can't discuss it at this time, since the details aren't worked out yet but should be soon. I was bascially seeing if there would be any interest. You are not comitting yourself one way or the other.

OK. I'll bite.

Lemme git this straight..... You want to PAY MY WAY, and take me on a tornado chasing trip?

While I'm not nearly ready to sign on the bottom line, contract unseen, I will say "Pick Me Monty!"

I hope I sufficiently inexperienced. Here's my 'resume:'

Chased/photographed lightning in Arizona for one year. Have engaged in several impromptu 'chases' when driving across the midwest. Have seen a some big storms, occasional good rotation, and a funnel cloud or two; but no tornado! Enjoy blizzards, thunderstorms, 10" hail, etc.

Please hire me!!

:D

-Greg

I'm not getting this. :?

I'm gonna have to go with several of the other guesses which is "are you filming a documentry for television?"...

Michael Gribble's post is the one I'd have to most agree with. I'm always up for donations...LOL! :D

..Nick..

Ken Johnson wrote: I'm looking for four to six people who would be interested in an all expenses paid storm chase trip for six weeks. I would prefer people who are rather inexperienced. Give me some feedback on what you think.

This must be some kind of documentary, movie, etc. A six week chase with atleast a half dozen people would get pretty expensive if it was someone just looking to make friends, have a few chase partners, do sociological research etc. :D

My guess. It's a reality show.... "Survivor Goodland", "Last Chaser Standing", "Helicity Factor"? Every show, one of the party is voted off and left by the roadside in the middle of Nowhere. Dr. Doswell meets the team in the computer room, and utters the phrase that will become famous, "You're busted!"

This is pretty intriguing, I've gotta admit! :lol: :lol:

Re: That's ok

Originally posted by Ken Johnson
I'm working on a project. I wanted to see what kind of response I would get. So far, it's about what I expected.

So I was right. Is there a prize?

If it is a reality show, then I need to be on it. I'll follow the cameras around and every few minutes stick my head in front of it and say things like "it's nothing like this," "that's bullsh*t," and "follow me to the diary room if you want the real story."

Now that would be reality :wink:

Originally posted by Shane Adams
If it is a reality show, then I need to be on it. I'll follow the cameras around and every few minutes stick my head in front of it and say things like \"it's nothing like this,\" \"that's bullsh*t,\" and \"follow me to the diary room if you want the real story.\"

Now that would be reality :wink:

LOL, Shane, I suspect you're JUST the man for the job. :)

In between your 'corrections' I'd be lecturing the viewers, giving 'em my 'standard' anti-TV spiel:

"You're wasting YEARS of your life staring into a plastic box. WTF are you doing?????
Get a life, you lazy-ass couch potatoes. Skip the Big Macs and Starbucks for a year or two, save a few thousand dollars, and GO CHASE YOUR OWN #$%^$# TORNADOES!!"

http://www.tvbgone.com/rants.php?PHPSESSID...50eee43d68a597e

-Greg

The last thing we need is a reality show around this... Less publicity is better as far as I'm concerned. Especially the publicity a "reality show" of amature chaser could generate.

Originally posted by Cstok
The last thing we need is a reality show around this... Less publicity is better as far as I'm concerned. Especially the publicity a \"reality show\" of amature chaser could generate.

Exactly...then you get more inexperienced chasers out in dangerous situations and perhaps some bad results. Chasing is not a good idea for the inexperienced.

The offer is intriguing but it seems a little fishy. Sorry...but its the day and age we live in. :(

...Alex Lamers...

Back