LISTEN TO **FACTS**-NOT ESTIMATES!!

I'm just a weather junky and long time lurker. I'm no meteorologist. Most of you here may have more knowledge than I...but I watched for several days as Katrina developed, and I knew she would be monumental. We all saw her size as she grew in the Gulf. I'm just a nobody, but I could see that the damage she could possibly cause had the potential to be life-altering; at one point she took over almost the entire Gulf of Mexico, and I know you all saw that, too.

I knew at that time that many hundreds might possibly die, and so did all of you. There is a great likelihood now that we will never know the final death toll.

It really upsets me, and I have been in tears many times today, as I watch the frustration, and anger, and helplessness.

Please don't minimise this with the nitpicking.

People can post what they like, after all most of them are getting it from other people as well. Besides, I could see your point if they were posting numbers in a joking manner, but people are all genuinely concerned and just trying to put values to things so they can begin to understand the significance of what occurred. So far all the information has been really nebulous, so we're all trying to paint the picture so to speak. Sorry to say its natural human curiousity and you'll probably be unable to curb that.

I could also see your point if people were giving false damage reports (i.e. the superdome was destroyed) but nobody has done that.

...Alex Lamers...

People can post what they like, after all most of them are getting it from other people as well. Besides, I could see your point if they were posting numbers in a joking manner, but people are all genuinely concerned and just trying to put values to things so they can begin to understand the significance of what occurred. So far all the information has been really nebulous, so we're all trying to paint the picture so to speak. Sorry to say its natural human curiousity and you'll probably be unable to curb that.

I could also see your point if people were giving false damage reports (i.e. the superdome was destroyed) but nobody has done that.

...Alex Lamers...

I understand, and again-people will post what they wish. I'm just offering one POV.

Back