• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

June 24 2003 SE South Dakota Tornadoes by Eric Nguyen

I finally remembered the password to my Stormtrack account. This day is pretty much synonymous with the Manchester area tornadoes, but in honor of 19 years a couple months ago, I was given permission to share Eric Nguyen’s videos of the Centerville area tornadoes (thank you Scott Currens), which are often overlooked and I can’t seem to find discussion of on the forums! The anniversary may have past, but I hope y’all enjoy regardless. Remastered from the original Digital8 tapes to 1080p60:
Part 01:
Part 02:

Eric was such a great guy and storm chaser. I used to cross paths with him often in the late 90's and early 2000's while chasing, finding ourselves along a dirt road watching a storm. I remember being in Branson, Mo with my family when I got the news he had passed, so tragic. Glad to see his videos are still being shared.

Eric's family preserved his webpage as it was at the time of his death, which is still up to this day Eric Nguyen's Homepage of Meteorology and Storm Observing! (mesoscale.ws)

Back