• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Introducing: Stormtrack Discord, the Online Forum Alternative for a New Generation of Weatherers

Usually I just go to a specific server/room from browser history
(or if Discord is having issues, the main site like you.)

I've found that Discord is very temperamental as to what browser it will/won't work in.
... and they frequently make changes which can cause it to quit working - either with a meaningless error, or a blank page - then its time to try another browser & see if it works there. (and just keep trying, sometimes after a week or so it'll start working again)

Here's another "empirical user experience": using the Discord app on MacOSX using Safari, or on an iPhone, I never experienced an issue with Discord that I could pin on the platform. Once in a while I have connection issues, but those clear up on their own in a short time.

Suddenly feeling very fortunate....

Last edited:
I sent a dm to @Peter, but I haven't heard back. Can someone send me a discord invite?
Unlike many Discord servers, I think ST Discord is configured so that only the discord admins can send invitations. I’m sure one of them will send to you soon.

I'd like to get an invite to the Discord as well. May I put a suggestion for a pinned message at the top of the thread for users to know how to gain access? The links in the original posts redirect to the main site page. You can make a ticket system for manual user review and authentication.

Hello! I would also love an invitation to the Discord if they are still being sent out. If this is now the wrong place to request access feel free to point me true.

I'm a Discord Admin/Mod if you are looking for someone to help run/moderate the server
Also would like the link, as well

Hello! I would also love an invitation to the Discord if they are still being sent out. If this is now the wrong place to request access feel free to point me true.
Still awaiting the invite link as well
In the meantime- I mod a Discord channel for chasers and enthusiasts if you're interested message me

I'm not actually sure who has the access credentials to that server. We have Peter Potvin around somewhere who may be able to help you out, though.

Hey there Folks! I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. It's been very busy with work so am finally getting a chance to get around to the forums. I'll be forwarding invites to everyone interested here shortly. In the event that I don't see your messages in the future, please use the "Start Conversation" feature of these forums (so I can get a notification of when I'm sent a message as the homepage chat doesn't send me those), or shoot me a DM/friend request directly on Discord to CanadianPacketChaser#5264 (User ID # 453919882812063754).

Anyone looking to join, Peter posted this previously which may help you get access quicker.

Back