• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Introducing: Stormtrack Discord, the Online Forum Alternative for a New Generation of Weatherers

I don't think we can do that at this time. I think @Peter Potvin is the one who manages the Discord. Hopefully he can get you an invite link.

Is Discord working for anyone?
For the past few days whenever I've tried going there, all I get is a blank page.
Already tried the easy stuff like rebooting/clearing browser cache etc, even tried 3 different browsers (PaleMoon, WaterFox, & FireFox ) .. all with the same result of just a blank page.

Its not just the Stormtrack server, but any of the few I've joined, and even the login page: discord.com/login
(note: I do have AdBlock & NoScript but neither shows anything blocked)

The desktop and mobile apps have been fine for me, but I just tried on the web version and I had no issue.

One thing I have started to notice is that Discord refuses to load for me over IPv6 no matter what access method I use, so it might be worth checking to see if you're trying to connect over IPv6 and if so try disabling it to see if it starts working for you.

Interesting one there Peter.

I've always kept IPv6 disabled on my network & computers.
Reading this, I just checked to make sure any settings hadn't changed themselves. Nope, still disabled as I had it.

I tried it on 2 other computers tonight and in both cases got the same thing .. just a blank page in the browser window.

Since I can't get it to work on anything I've tried (and only saw one result/question of the exact same issue I have) on the multiple google searches I've done)...
Has anyone tried a windows discord client like 'discord sandboxed' or 'fosscord' ?? (I do not consider the 'official' client as even being an option)

Hi,

Is it possible to get an invite link to the Discord server?

The link also kicks me back to the main forum page.

Thanks,

Hey there Folks! I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. It's been very busy with work so am finally getting a chance to get around to the forums. I'll be forwarding invites to everyone interested here shortly. In the event that I don't see your messages in the future, please use the "Start Conversation" feature of these forums (so I can get a notification of when I'm sent a message as the homepage chat doesn't send me those), or shoot me a DM/friend request directly on Discord to CanadianPacketChaser#5264 (User ID # 453919882812063754).

I've sent invites over the conversation feature to those who have been waiting. If I've missed anyone, please reach out using the methods as mentioned above and I'll get then over to you as soon as I can.

CC those below:

The link doesn't seem to work, can I get an invite?
This just kicks me back to the main forum page.
Hi,
Is it possible to get an invite link to the Discord server?
The link also kicks me back to the main forum page.
Thanks,
I'm seeing the same thing, the link for the Discord server kicks me back to the main page.
Same thing happens to me. I would like an invite link as soon as anyone can send it. Thanks!
How can i join the Discord

Since I can't get it to work on anything I've tried (and only saw one result/question of the exact same issue I have) on the multiple google searches I've done)...
Has anyone tried a windows discord client like 'discord sandboxed' or 'fosscord' ?? (I do not consider the 'official' client as even being an option)
On a desktop I just point my browser to discord.com

Shane Adams said:
On a desktop I just point my browser to discord.com
Usually I just go to a specific server/room from browser history
(or if Discord is having issues, the main site like you.)

I've found that Discord is very temperamental as to what browser it will/won't work in.
... and they frequently make changes which can cause it to quit working - either with a meaningless error, or a blank page - then its time to try another browser & see if it works there. (and just keep trying, sometimes after a week or so it'll start working again)

Back