Internet Issues: Card or Amplifier Problem?

Had a heck of a time with my internet connection yesterday. Started as soon as I left home and have ye to figure out what the problem is. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction (Gordon?)...

When my internet card (USB760) is connected directly to the computer with no amplifier/antenna, the internet works just fine. However, as soon as I connect up my Rockies Amplifier, the signal drops (?!?!) and I lose my connection. If I plug the amplifier in before I make my connection, I can't even connect.

Would this be a problem with the amplifier/antenna? Or would it more likely be my internet card? Since the card works without the amplifier/antenna connected, if it is indeed the card then it would have to be related to the antenna port I guess.

Any ideas?

Is power light on amplifier ? , For trouble shooting please contact through our sales web site . Not on the forums. No use in using their bandwidth for this.
Had a heck of a time with my internet connection yesterday. Started as soon as I left home and have ye to figure out what the problem is. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction (Gordon?)...

When my internet card (USB760) is connected directly to the computer with no amplifier/antenna, the internet works just fine. However, as soon as I connect up my Rockies Amplifier, the signal drops (?!?!) and I lose my connection. If I plug the amplifier in before I make my connection, I can't even connect.

Would this be a problem with the amplifier/antenna? Or would it more likely be my internet card? Since the card works without the amplifier/antenna connected, if it is indeed the card then it would have to be related to the antenna port I guess.

Any ideas?

I realize there is no point in trying to troubleshoot your product here in the forums and would not have posted here if I was 100% sure that the amplifier was to blame. But on the flip side, there is no sense contacting your sales group if the problem is my internet card. That is why I posted here to see if anyone had any ideas to help pinpoint which it might be. I would have PMed you directly but figured someone else may have experienced the same problem and would also be able to help.

Yes, the power light is on, which is one reason I think it might be a card problem instead.

Is power light on amplifier ? , For trouble shooting please contact through our sales web site . Not on the forums. No use in using their bandwidth for this.

It can be a number of things , please email direct to troubleshoot.

I realize there is no point in trying to troubleshoot your product here in the forums and would not have posted here if I was 100% sure that the amplifier was to blame. But on the flip side, there is no sense contacting your sales group if the problem is my internet card. That is why I posted here to see if anyone had any ideas to help pinpoint which it might be. I would have PMed you directly but figured someone else may have experienced the same problem and would also be able to help.

Yes, the power light is on, which is one reason I think it might be a card problem instead.

Any kinks in the cables? All cables need to be curved and if there's any permanent bends, he cable is no longer usable.

Is the light on your Rockies amplifier glowing green when it's connected to the power source and your data card?

EDIT: I saw there was a duplicate thread, so it appears this question was already answered by Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back