• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Can only access by phone

Michael Towers

Supporter
I lost access from my work pc around 2 cdst and was never able to connect again although otherwise I had no internet problems. After getting home I was able to log on around 9 pm from my laptop but after a short time lost access as well. The one common thing was that both times I lost connection when trying to check notifications. I cleared cache but still can’t connect with either Chrome or Firefox as I type this but no problem here on my iphone...

Same thing happened to me. I rebooted my cable modem then my router and all was well. This was my Comcast service which was giving me trouble.

I'm fine on VZW this morning but my Comcast is down again. I'm rebooting my cable mode as we speak.

I've been able to connect fine using a PC (with PaleMoon browser) yesterday & so far today
Internet is through DSL

I've had quite a few conversations about which DNS servers to use for the best results. There are tons of choices but CloudFlare is my personal favorite. They didn't mention it but for the secondary server you'd input 1.0.0.1 when using 1.1.1.1 as the primary. These are settings you'd input into your router in case you were wondering. If you've had trouble connecting since late afternoon yesterday please let me know. We updated two scripts yesterday that were known to cause issues in our Centminmod CSF firewall. I'm only interested in connectivity issues since about 5 PM yesterday. Thanks.

Same problem just happened, accessed site on laptop but when I clicked a thread I lost connection and can’t reconnect but access all elsewhere is fine. On iphone now still can’t connect laptop with verizon jetpack

I'm slightly confused Michael. How can you post 4 messages if the ST site is acting up? On your iPhone only?

Yes, last night got on the site with my laptop but once I tried to open a thread I lost connection and could not reconnect. I had no problem connecting to any other site but when I'd try to open ST I'd get the "connection taking too long to respond site can't be reached" message. I tried on my iphone and was able to connect without a problem and reported in the posts above. I then did a reboot on my laptop and still could not open ST but had no access problems elsewhere. I put my laptop to sleep and this morning when I tried ST it connected without a problem. Since nobody else reported a similar problem as they did last time and if you don't see any errors on your end I'm thinking it has to be an issue with my laptop. The main difference with the problem originally posted in this thread was that back then I'd lose access on all devices once connecting and trying to navigate, last night it was only my laptop losing access while my iphone stayed connected. Sorry for the confusion.

Back