Identify the tornado — part II

If it were taken from Sarkey's I would think with the Library in sight it would be looking to the S-SW. I think Moore is to far to the north for it to be that one, but I could be wrong. I can't believe a tornado could pass this close to OU and not have 400 pics of it online.

I can't believe a tornado could pass this close to OU and not have 400 pics of it online.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, I think you may be right about the incorrect identification, though with the tornado moving on a general NEerly track i was thinking it would be able to move far enough north that it would track into Moore. It appears to be a very well developed tornado and it has some visual similarities to the May 8 storm, so for lack of a better choice I'll stick with 8 May 2003.

Again, GREAT photo.

1) Happy, TX
2) Sarkey's Energy Center, University of Oklahoma

Wow, visability must have been realy good that day.

Scott Currens

New tornado...this is a recent one.

First off I think this contest is an awesome idea! This tornado below was one of the strongest and most destructive tornadoes of 2004.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/events/jul1320...04/DSC_5153.JPG

I considered entering this tornado because it happened only 20 miles from my house, but it would be way unfair because it hit nothing of consequence and is therefore very obscure. Beautiful tornado thoughhttp://www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx/document/tor/images/tor052304/052304-b.jpg
May 23, 2004 near DeForest, WI

1) Happy, TX
2) Sarkey's Energy Center, University of Oklahoma

Wow, visability must have been realy good that day.

Scott Currens
So can these be photoshopped on this thread?

You're right, probably should be split into a photoshopping thread... could be fun.

I was going to say PhotoShop on my first response but I saw some chic get crucified for that a few months back on the mailing list, even though the pic turned out to be a fake for real. Your's was a good fake though, I took it into photoshop to do adjustments to see if I could find any faults. Could not find any so TRADD will be calling you for sure!

Back