• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

I can't send a report

We are going to need more info to help you. How are you trying to send a report (which app)? What error are you seeing?

I was trying to send a report via the website of SN when I pressed submit it brought me to a new page and said "Error" I don't remember exactly what it said but I went to "current activity" and I saw my reports. I accidentally pressed it like three times because it kept saying error.

Getting the same issue on the Spotter Network website when submitting a report or going to Report History. See attached.

Also, my location when submitting a report through the Chaser Location app showed my location as North Liberty, Iowa, instead of my actual location in between Matador and Turkey in Texas. What gives?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409_212200_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230409_212200_Chrome.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
I tried submitting a severe report via the Spotter Network client - after I clicked on Submit Report, an error message came back "incorrect link" saying I needed to find the correct link on the form? When I checked on GRLevel3 after the fact I noticed that my spotter report had been actually filed. Unfortunately, because of the error messages I tried 3 times in total to submit the report, so the hail report has been filed 3 times.

I tried submitting a severe report via the Spotter Network client - after I clicked on Submit Report, an error message came back "incorrect link" saying I needed to find the correct link on the form? When I checked on GRLevel3 after the fact I noticed that my spotter report had been actually filed. Unfortunately, because of the error messages I tried 3 times in total to submit the report, so the hail report has been filed 3 times.
That's exactly what happened to me, I would like to figure this out.

I'm getting that same error message! BUT I can see that my reports actually went through. Very misleading though for anyone encountering this. Same error whether through website or desktop app.

Fv5Fkj4WYAAuFo6.jpg

Thanks all for the feedback. We’ll take a look. My recommendation for reporting would be to utilize a partner app like RadarScope. We work closely with them to ensure a smooth SN experience.

Back