hollingshead photos

LOL Nick. I'm still bothered by the ebaumsworld site, though. I hate ripping, and like theye said, it's one they to say your god mother boss's sister's cousin took the picture, but to claim YOU took it and make personal profit from it, is an entirely different level.

Well, if EBW doesn't respect Mike's copyright after they've been duly informed, and continues to present and sell his work as their own, Mike has a great case for flagrant infringement! $$$$$$$$$!

Well, if EBW doesn't respect Mike's copyright after they've been duly informed, and continues to present and sell his work as their own, Mike has a great case for flagrant infringement! $$$$$$$$$!

As for Ebaum's World... They appear to really "like" the threats of lawsuits they get from people (plenty from celebrities and corporations), so any emails that Mike sends them are probably taken as a joke :roll:

Yes Nick, your absolutely right. I have heard/seen of many trouble/problems that ebaums world has gotten in...the owner, just has no regard for feelings, it appears...I really have always hated that site...partially because of the owner...

That's a start! Now FoxNews, CNN, PrimeTime, 20/20, GMA, Letterman, Leno, etc need to pick up on this.

Originally posted by Dan Robinson
That's a start! Now FoxNews, CNN, PrimeTime, 20/20, GMA, Letterman, Leno, etc need to pick up on this.

Yeah, they definetly need to get this matter out there nationally, and even worldwide. Maybe then, more infringers would be spotlighted, and their a$$es be humiliated in front of everyone!

Yup this is really sad indeed. I have received the e-mails going around several times, even at work. It really is amazing how far out of hand this has gotten. If nothing else, its a testiment as to how good Mikes photos truely are. It also brings out the dark side of 21st century technology and some peoples lack of ethics. :(

I just watched a 13 minute slideshow produced by the Red Cross. It starts off with the infamous pictures of "Katrina Coming In."

I just watched a 13 minute slideshow produced by the Red Cross. It starts off with the infamous pictures of "Katrina Coming In."

I wonder if it is the same slideshow thingy I saw. I don't think the red cross produced what I saw. Hmm. Seems sad that they'd be 'taken' too. I mean no one involved said 'hey, stop, I wonder about these...'? It's not like the Red Cross should be too unfamilar with hurricanes(nor the landscape in the area).

Just today I heard about some folks at MIT being taken as well. They had it on something on their web site. So I guess just the weather savy of us can tell the difference enough.

Some other guy with World Service Corps was selling hats, t-shirts, etc on cafepress calling them Katrina. His story was a friend sent them and said the source was reliable and he had the ok to do so. That is what pretty much sucks about it all. That is always the case.

Back