hollingshead photos

The plagiarized Hollingshead photos, featured on ST's home page, have got as far as my neck of the woods in Canada. A couple of weeks ago, two of the more beautiful shots were posted in our condo's elevators(there are boards on the elevators' walls for displaying notices, etc.).

Wow, I said to myself: There's another chaser in the building --- and one with real photographic skills. Alas, they were obviously lifted from some internet site, because I recognized them on ST's page. My zeal to track down this fellow chaser has now diminished somewhat.

Bill Rayner

LOL Nick. But this really needs to stop! When is this stupid mess going to end, people are really being stupid, and I know how it feels to have your work stolen, but mine was on a MUCH smaller scale. I bet Mike's REALLY 'Cranky' now for sure. The next place you may see them (after seeing them in Gap of course), is on a big blimp, in a big city, printed on the side! :lol:

It will continue as long as people know they can get away with it.

Lets see where have I seen them... flyers at OU... student's projects for a severe unusual class, a elementary school science fair poster...

Aaron

Originally posted by Chris Sokol
He should get the award for \"Most Plagiarized Person in the World\".

I assume that will be the 'next' award, lol. Shane, I think your right....so we need to make an example of someone, to show the REST of them, they can not get away with it...somehow.

Hey!

A fellow BC chaser! I thought I was the only one, LOL.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for them too. If Mike's pics have been found in New West, then someone might be selling them locally.

At least Mike can take some solice in knowing that his greatest picture is still out there, waiting for him to take it, and that he can hang onto that one a little tighter.

My wife and I were thinking of starting a stock photography business and I mentioned it to a coworker who also builds websites, he said "why would I buy a photo from you when I can get one somewhere else online, cut and paste?"
Unbelieveable.
I told him I guess we would be catering to the honest people of the world.

Originally posted by mrobinett
My wife and I were thinking of starting a stock photography business and I mentioned it to a coworker who also builds websites, he said \"why would I buy a photo from you when I can get one somewhere else online, cut and paste?\"
Unbelieveable.

his problem is if that person he stole it from finds out and actually acts upon it then he'll be hurting in the long run what a dolt!

Originally posted by mrobinett
My wife and I were thinking of starting a stock photography business and I mentioned it to a coworker who also builds websites, he said \"why would I buy a photo from you when I can get one somewhere else online, cut and paste?\"
Unbelieveable.

Man...that right there makes me sick..those people right there are your problem..people that have thought tracks like that end up rippers and thiefs.

I work with a one man graphics company out of the UK for any of my AllisonHouse work and he was very forthcoming about me needing to pay for "stock" photos as he would not 'steal' from others.

It only cost me a couple bucks..literally.

That brings up another issue. The multitude of pennies cheap stock photography websites. Many photogs. are selling out to these cheap websites that sell stock photography for next to nothing. They end up getting pennies for the use of a photo selling themselves short, and hurting the rest of photogs out there.

I have yet to look into stock photog options....

Aaron

If I get one more e-mail asking, "Do you have more pictures from Katrina?", or "Can you send me some hi-res files?" I'm going to shoot myself. Or even just the ones telling me my photos are here or there and wondering if I know or not. It is amazing how old just answering those gets(and at no fault to the e-mailer, they have no idea how many times I do get to know). Today I was informed one of my photos won "best in show" at the Grundy County Corn Festival in Morris IL. I wonder who won! Also today, a Dutch Newspaper published them stating they were from AR and a friend of the family shot them.

Out of all this my biggest regret is not saving every single example to put on one page so people could see just how many sad people are out there. I mean it is really freaking sad! If I ever had a desire to put up screen savers for people it is looooooooooooooooooooooooong gone. It is extremely laughable at this point. If I were anyone out there I would not do this. There are a crapload of losers out there just waiting to use your stuff as their own.

I'm going to snap soon I think, lol. I can't hear about these anymore! It is amazing how old something really can get. I honestly don't know if I'm happy people tell me stuff anymore. What does this say about the possibility I'd ever want to bother going to court over any of it? This is my hobby, what I've loved to do as well as a source of income. It is scary to me when I start to hate it over THIS. People can steal and get away with it all day, as long as I never hate the hobby because of it. I'm glad people inform me, but I'm not glad the truth is they have to in the first place. It is an interesting road to travel. I'm close to ignoring every single e-mail about the images(hell I was already there once before). I'm super duper frustrated and annoyed at hearing it on and on and on and on. And this is not the fault of the informer at all! Just the widespread nature of it is a complete overload on one person to always hear about. Here is the visual I come up with for trying to explain what it is sort of like. Imagine someone right next to your ear saying one word once every minute for a good week solid, even at night while you try to sleep(use any word, after a while it would not matter what that word was). That is the visual I come up with now. You would anticipate the word that finally sets you off. Yep, I'm going to snap soon lol.

What may be very amazing isn't just the number of cases I'm hearing about of people claiming them as their own, but what must be the numbers that I'm NOT hearing about. I can't imagine what I'm not being informed of, based off all the crap I have been informed of. Sorry, I'm thinking about this 'outloud' on here right now.

I just thought for a second that it is all probably almost over anyway. Then I thought deeper about that one. I'm seeing the number of folks that likely have these on their puter or online host. This is DAMN sad to me. In all honesty this is probably far from done and being at this point I'm at with it it is not really good. I almost have to ask to not be informed of cases. I think somewhere I got sidetracked on my ignoring things and I should go back there. I have little choice, really. So, thanks to those informing me of this and that case, but I am asking to not be informed anymore. How messed up is that, lol. Life before this sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good right now. Put them on Trumps Plaza or whatever, I don't care anymore!!!! One has to stop and check their day once in a while and look at what they do with it. Hearing about this and repling to e-mails about this needs to become a much much smaller portion of my days. I mean we all only have so many. I'm wasting so much time screwing with all this...now. Just look at the length of this post. Well, hopefully it explains a lot and is my last on any of it. One can always hope.

Before I end this extremely negative post I must comment on one thing. There are FAR more cool folks out there saying what the truth is and calling liars out for what they are than the liars I hear about. I'm simply tired of the whole deal and the time it is taking up is all.

Regards,

Back