GRLevel3 Beta / GPSGate tandem?

Are any chasers using GRLevel3 Beta with GPS functionality by routing the GPS data through virtual COM ports created via the GPSGate splitter?

GPSGate is working great for me and routes data to both Threatnet and StreetAtlast via virtual ports, but when I open GRLevel3 and select File / GPS / Start, the COM options do not include any of my virtual ports. Is there a way to change the ports that GRLevel3 sees for options?

Thanks in advance.

Are any chasers using GRLevel3 Beta with GPS functionality by routing the GPS data through virtual COM ports created via the GPSGate splitter?

GPSGate is working great for me and routes data to both Threatnet and StreetAtlast via virtual ports, but when I open GRLevel3 and select File / GPS / Start, the COM options do not include any of my virtual ports. Is there a way to change the ports that GRLevel3 sees for options?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about beta version Amos. I went looking for an old thread on the GRleve3 site and found your query there also. Perhaps the betaversion only allows for com 1-4? I'm sure admin at grlevel3 will post a response soon over there.

If your using the Delormate GPS USB unit, I downloaded the serial emulator driver for it, and I was able to run both SA2006 as well as GRL3 simulataniously with GPS on both with doing nothing else.

I also use GPSGate+GR3 combo... It took some tinkering to make sure everything worked well, but it all works fine now.

Thanks, everybody. From Mike's answer on the GRLevel3 forum it sounds like I'm setting my virtual COM ports outside the range that GRLevel3 looks for ports. This doesn't bother SA2004 or Threatnet, but I'll add a lower number COM port and see if GR3 can spot it.

Thanks, everybody. From Mike's answer on the GRLevel3 forum it sounds like I'm setting my virtual COM ports outside the range that GRLevel3 looks for ports. This doesn't bother SA2004 or Threatnet, but I'll add a lower number COM port and see if GR3 can spot it.

Posted this a moment ago on the GRLevel3 Owner's Forum: I created a virtual port on COM1 using GPSGate and restarted GRLevel3. GR3 saw the new COM1 and I was able to select it. It's working great. I have three applications sharing GPS data now without conflict: GRLevel3, Threatnet, and Street Atlas 2004.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Back