GRLevel2 Analyst Edition----wow!

a future version of this can load SWP files and do what soloII can plus some I'mm definately buy it. If he his gearing towards the research community, then the ability to load and EDIT Sweep files is a must. as of right now SoloII is pretty much the only program to view and edit mobile radar rada (DOW/SMART) and it's pretty much a PITA to install....

Swp files are pretty much the standard format for the research community. The problem with offering GR2AE as it is right now is it would only have limited application. Most research going on doesn't use WSR-88D data for a variety of reasons.

I'd like to think that as far as supercells go, my work will pretty much sum up what we can gain from the 3d visualization of reflectivity. Of course I'm bias :)

KTWX 5/8/03 - Isosurfaces of 30dBZ
KTWX_050803_B_2338-0009_30dBZ.png

Perhaps some warning/decision applications can be derived. I'll talk about this during my seminar to some extent. The main problem is resolution... outside 100km, you aren't going to learn much due to beam height/resolution, and many storms are too small even within 100km to gain much information from 3d analysis of reflectivity.

Aaron

Back