Gotta love Texas weather!

No SDS here....a thunderstorm warning was just issued for the county I live in. Currently here at my house, it's raining hard, lightning a LOT and thundering pretty heavy! :D

* AT 922 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING NICKEL SIZE HAIL. THIS
STORM WAS LOCATED 7 MILES WEST OF UNION...OR 9 MILES SOUTHWEST OF
BROWNFIELD...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH. AN ADDITIONAL STRONG
THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED OVER NORTHERN GAINES COUNTY TO THE SOUTH OF
SEAGRAVES. THIS STORM MAY ALSO BECOME SEVERE.

Oh yeah, under a Flash Flood statement as well!

A NARROW BAND OF HEAVY RAINFALL HAS REMAINED ACROSS LUBBOCK AND TERRY COUNTIES EXTENDING FROM NEAR IDALOU ACROSS THE CITY OF LUBBOCK SOUTHWESTWARD TO BROWNFIELD AND WELLMAN. RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF AROUND 1 INCH HAS OCCURRED AT THE SCIENCE SPECTRUM ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF LUBBOCK SINCE 8 PM. THESE HEAVY AMOUNTS HAVE ALSO OCCURRED OVER PORTIONS OF TERRY COUNTY. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF AN INCH OR MORE WILL BE POSSIBLE.

I believe it too, it's been raining so hard the last couple of hours it's been knocking out the satellite tv and the water is up over the curbs across the street!

I'm jealous! We are looking at the possibility of freezing rain and sleet in Tulsa for tomorrow. We did have a storm roll through around 3am this morning. There were about 3 CG's within a 1/4 mile of my house. It would have been great, but I was trying to sleep!

Originally posted by Justin Teague
I'm jealous! We are looking at the possibility of freezing rain and sleet in Tulsa for tomorrow. We did have a storm roll through around 3am this morning. There were about 3 CG's within a 1/4 mile of my house. It would have been great, but I was trying to sleep!

I got up and looked outside, clouds seemed a little too low to bother..

Enjoy Dave . Must be nice .... :cry:

Originally posted by David Drummond
No SDS here....a thunderstorm warning was just issued for the county I live in. Currently here at my house, it's raining hard, lightning a LOT and thundering pretty heavy! :D

* AT 922 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING NICKEL SIZE HAIL. THIS
STORM WAS LOCATED 7 MILES WEST OF UNION...OR 9 MILES SOUTHWEST OF
BROWNFIELD...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH. AN ADDITIONAL STRONG
THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED OVER NORTHERN GAINES COUNTY TO THE SOUTH OF
SEAGRAVES. THIS STORM MAY ALSO BECOME SEVERE.

Illinois managed to become the first state with a svr warning again this year when we had that severe storm in central IL on New Years Day. Love the way how weather teases us...severe tstorm warnings, ice storm warnings, and, I saw a tornado warning in Arizona this evening as well. Maybe giving us signs of a fun 2005?

Soon as I saw SE New Mexico clearing this afternoon I knew it would pop around Andrews and move your way David. I almost came down there except it gets dark at 6pm and I promised Kanani we would go see "Bowling for Soup" tonight at Midnight Rodeo. It was a great concert but I need some serious SDS relief. After the show we spent 15 minutes clearing the ice off the car. Had to pry the doors open. nice steady rain and 27 degrees. A nice glze of ice on everything. By morning the roads should be a skating rink.

No fair David!! I have been suffering with 80 temps and 66-69% humidity on the hopes of a GOOOD Tstorm when the front comes through. Nope. AAAAHHH!! It is awful down here, cruddy skies, HOT (80 in early January? For several days??) and HUMID and 1/100" of rain everyday (just enough to make it miserable). I get one, maybe 2 days relief and it is back in the high 70s. I WANT MY WINTER!!!!! Hard to make a fire in the fireplace when you have the A/C cranked! :lol:

Back