Fuji S9000

Dan Cook

EF5
Does anyone have any experience with this camera? I'm thinking of upgrading to that one from a s5200.

Dan- what price range is that one in? There are S-2 Pro bodies going cheap... I am a big fan of Fuji cameras.
Will Santa be coming to your house? :)
Happy Holidays...
Laura

PS- did you sign up for a COD Trip?

Hey Dan,

yup own a S9500, 9mpix ( that is the S9000 model as sold in the USA) for 3 months now love it works well

it was an upgrade from the S7000 6.3 mpix which the wife now owns :)

what I like the best is its so much faster at turn on/off cuz it doesnt have to wind the zoom lens in and out . At 20 - 300mm zoom I find it great for most stormchasing needs.
I had contemplated upgrading to a true digital SLR but there's NOTHING available in the 8-9mpix range at an
affordable price (for me) ie. under AU$1000 (US$750).
the S9500 (S9000) was AU$795. the closest digi SLR was way over AU$2000

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan- I bet the S-2 Pro bodies are getting clsoe to $500... the upside and downside depending on how you want to look at it is the lenses are interchangable. Nothing beats a wide angle lens for storm chasing. KEH Camera is also very good selling used equipment. I've bought some lenses from them with no problems. Good people.
Laura

PS- I'm on 1 and 4 right now. Trying to get on 3 also.

I'll take a look at that camera laura. Is that one of the ones you have? It looks familiar. Also, do you know anyone who's on trip 2?

Dave:

How's that light blocker attachment thing? Does it make pictures clearer?

Yes and I have been very pleased. The only lens you need for the most part is a wide angle to start off with.
I am not sure who's on Trip 2... try emailing Karl. He knows.
What light blocker attachment thing? Circular Polarizing Filter? I'd suggest oneof those also.
Laura

Back