FS: Nikon D200 body, a Kestrel 3000 weather station & MS Streets/Trips + GPS,

Alright folks, after a month of cleaning/organizing my chase stuff, hopefully this will be my last sale in getting other chasers some quality gear.

1.) Nikon D200 body + extras. Price $575 + shipping/insurance. SOLD

I really can't say enough about the quality of Nikon and how much this camera (and Mike Umscheid) helped me over the past 18 months in advancing my photography skills and the quality of images. My only reason for selling it is that I've really gotten into this side hobby and am looking to upgrade. The camera body is in near mint condition with no signs of wear.

The Nikon D200 comes complete with battery/charger, the original box, software CDs, cables and manuals.

2.) A boxed set of Microsoft Streets & Trips and a USB GPS. SOLD

For those of you (edit) wanting to end up in flooded corn fields near Bowdle, SD, this is the package for you! You get a fully licensed DVD copy of MS Streets and Trips as well as a great USB stick GPS device. The GPS does output in NMEA format, so you can use it with Streets & Trips, StormLab, Spotter Network, and all your other GPS apps by using a virtual serial port emulator such as GPSGate.

3.) A Kestrel 3000 hand-held weather station. Price $125 OBO shipped.

This device has weathered two hurricanes, numerous severe storm environments and most recently a heat burst in June. I have found it extremely accurate, and capable of measuring temperature, dewpoint, RH, wind speed as well as heat index/wind chills...while maintaining maximum values as well. Easy to store in your chase gear and has a nice wrist strap/lanyard so it won't blow away.

As pictured, it also camoflauges nicely with your wife's ugly dining room table cloth!

http://www.interwarn.com/images/kestrel_1.jpg
http://www.interwarn.com/images/kestrel_2.jpg
http://www.interwarn.com/images/kestrel_3.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Evan

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you not wanting to end up in flooded corn fields near Bowdle, SD, this is the package for you! You get a fully licensed DVD copy of MS Streets and Trips as well as a great USB stick GPS device. The GPS does output in NMEA format, so you can use it with Streets & Trips, StormLab, Spotter Network, and all your other GPS apps by using a virtual serial port emulator such as GPSGate.

Although a great product Evan your quote is a little off.... Streets and Trips WILL get you stranded in a flooded corn field near Bowdle, SD. Many of us were using it (me included) that day. Then again Garmin & even the Gazetteer paper map would too.

The one and only map that I have seen that could have saved you was a local Chamber Of Commerce map that did show the road degrade into nothing.

Scott,

It was tongue in cheek humor. I'm aware that pretty much every piece of mapping software was the demise of the many chasers that day on that fateful "road" (or lack thereof). :)

Evan

Back