Friday fun: where will Ivan make landfall?

Where will Ivan make its continental landfall?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm choosing Mississippi and Alabama, Florida. Between Panacea and Keaton Beach, Florida as a category 3 late Tuesday to early Wednesday.

Originally posted by Jeff Wear
Fort Morgan AL as a borderline Cat 2/Cat 3

Assuming no unusual last-second changes in Ivan's landfall, it looks like Jeff has earned the 120-hour hurricane forecast prize. Jeff's landfall location was only 25 miles off. Please E-mail me with your address and the book you want.

Honorable mention to Greg Campbell who predicted Pascagoula Mississippi (50 mile error) and to Jeremy Lemanski who predicted Pensacola-Fort Walton (55 mile error at the halfpoint).

Hopefully I considered all the votes (at least those that predicted a specific town) -- if I missed one, please let me know. This thread is now unlocked.

Tim Vasquez

Yea, but Jerremy and I were closer in the strength-at-landfall aspect. :cwm10:
Besides, it's not yet ashore, and I see a new eyewall forming to the west!!! ;) :p

Naw...Congrats, Jeff! :toothy8: :toothy8: :toothy8:
I was looking good up until this afternoon, when the storm finally started moving back to the East.

-Greg
"You broke my sword! I was winning!!" :sad11:

I know! Mine was right until Ivan finally listened to the NHC and decided to turn N. Aw, shucks . . . I didn't think they listened. :roll: Bravo, Jeff!

Can you double check? Are you sure it didn't hit Naples? Maybe there was a mixup with the radars or something.

stupid Naples forecast, what was I thinking

Jeff Wear, wow! :shock: Only off by 25 miles. Go work at NHC, and teach them your masterful forecasting. So, do hurricanes produce tornadoes like the one in your avatar? :lol: :lol:

Back