Found a Brazilian mult-vort wedge video:

Holy Cow!! That is awesome video. I vaguely remember some other tornado video from Brazil, possibly the same tornado, but this is awesome. I wonder how many other Non-United States tornado videos are out there and have been missed by the storm chase community.

There are a couple on Tornado Video Classics (?Spain), plus some from Australia and England. I also vaguely remember some cool South African footage.

Bill Hark

WOW!! That is really neat to see a tornado that size, in brazil. The elevated camera angle gives you a cool downward looking view to see better near the ground, some higher quality footage would really make my day!

Yowsa! Gotta love that anticyclonic motion too. :) Very impressive video.

I happened to be in Brazil at this time and remember the locals commenting about a major tornado in Sao Paulo. I did not have access to a tv or newspaper but tried to find something about the event when I returned to the US. Awesome footage, to think I was in Brazil during peak U.S. chase season and I could have chased in Brazil. LOL.
Jerry Funfsinn

Thanks for sharing Damon. I just absolutely love those sattelite vorticies rotating around and the transformer flashes. It is menancing to say the least. Damage assesments were F3.

NUTS COMPLETELY NUTS!!! That would be quite a twister in the states!! (Even more so if it was Anticyclonic)

That almost threw me as well. But Cyclonic flow South Of The Equator is the opposite of what it is in the North.

Very nice! I really didn't know that brazilian tornadoes could become so strong...Anyway Argentina and Brazil are starting to get interesting in the last year...

That's some pretty sweet video! The rotation looked strong, but not overly impressive (I think the Andover comparison is correct in the sense of tornado shape, but not rotation).

As Michael Moss pointed out, the tornado was cyclonic. :) It's weird trying to get your bearings on which direction the photographer was looking.

Gabe

That is still a bit strange to see. Even stranger to see Tropical Systems do that as well!!

It is so strange to see. I think all of us are (at least I am) so used to, it seems from birth, seeing tornadoes go in the "right" direction. It just doesn't look right at all! Thanks for the post!
MP

Back