FOR SALE: Meso Road 2005

Mickey Ptak has created a smooth remix of his previous Meso Road video, which includes the best chases of 2005 from Mickey and chaser partner Chad Lawson, as well as new versions of older events.

The video starts with Chad Lawson's April 21 KS tornadoes, on a day that many missed. Incredible, high-contrast tornadoes from sometimes-close range, as the chasers wind their way though the twists and turns of rural southeast Kansas flanking the tornadic storm.

Next comes May 12, with some awesome shots of the large tornado near South Plains. But the show-stealer in this segment is the infamous hail barrage with Mick and Chad, as the car is pulverized. One of the most dramatic hail clips since Jim Leonard's 1999 Nebraska disaster. This segment alone is worth the price of admission.

The 2005 portion finishes with obscure tornadoes from June 4 in Kansas and June 11 in Texas, even more footage that few other chasers witnessed, perhaps none in one case.

All the cool stuff from the original Meso Road follows next, including an updated version of the May 12, 2004 Sharon, KS tornado, shown (almost) in its entirety, set to a very etheral musical montage. But October 9, 2001 still remains the highlight of the older material, with some simply breath-taking shots of the early stages of the Elk City/Canute/Foss Lake, OK tornado. After all the action ends, a short blooper reel is featured as a closer.

Easy navigation is provided by convenient, individual menu tabs for tornadoes, hail, and storm structure. A great addition to any storm chaser video library.

Ill add it to my collection just for the May 12, 2005 footage, you guys got pounded and I wasnt that far away from you that day!!

How does the discount work, is there another paypal link to click on? If not
Id be willing to support the 2006 chase by paying full price!! :D

Just glad no one was hurt bad that day!
See you guys next spring!

Anyone that has Meso Road 2004 and would like the discounted price just send me an email or pm with your email address and I will send you a link where you can buy it with the discount. I am sure I can remember those of you who have bought 2004 so it will be quick and easy.

Thanks for your consideration of Meso Road 2005.

Mick

I enjoyed Meso Road 2004 and I know I will be picking up the 2005 edition. Mick has a good way of putting these together.
Looking forward to seeing it!

Next comes May 12, with some awesome shots of the large tornado near South Plains. But the show-stealer in this segment is the infamous hail barrage with Mick and Chad, as the car is pulverized. One of the most dramatic hail clips since Jim Leonard's 1999 Nebraska disaster.
Was this the half mile wide tornado you guys chased near Plainview/Lubbock, TX?
I just watched the DVD and I was behind you guys about 5 miles, we were
cutoff by powerlines in the road and had to turn back, what a nightmare 20 vehicles trying to turn around at once, but nothing like what you guys went through!! We saw the guy's car from a local news station, it was totalled!!

Very nice compilation Mickey! Hopefully 2006 might prove better results!

Originally posted by mrobinett

Was this the half mile wide tornado you guys chased near Plainview/Lubbock, TX?

I just watched the DVD and I was behind you guys about 5 miles, we were
cutoff by powerlines in the road and had to turn back, what a nightmare 20 vehicles trying to turn around at once, but nothing like what you guys went through!! We saw the guy's car from a local news station, it was totalled!!

Very nice compilation Mickey! Hopefully 2006 might prove better results!

I don't think that tornado was nearly that big, but it was sure still scary looking. I would say it was more like a 1/4 mile or a little less. After all was said and done we tried to go south but the power lines stopped us as well.

How did you like the surprise June 4 tornado? "I think that's a tornado." I tell you what that was a real treat. As a matter of fact not five minutes before that tornado we all were throwing in the towels. Lucky Luck Lucky Tornado.

2006 here we come...

Thanks again Mike!

Mick

I received my copy yesterday and I just have to say that you outdone yourself this year Mick.
Meso Road 2005 is a great compilation of some of Mother Natures most exciting and wicked weather. Sit back while Mick and Chad take you for a great 90 minute ride.
When a set of chasers can have a car basically destroyed and still get the great footage they did, it shows that they are serious about bringing you the best footage they can. Very intense storm action that shows why this is a dangerous hobby along with some side splitting bloopers as a bonus.
Gotta love the "Love Shack" portion!
This DVD is also easy to navigate with the separate menu tabs.
If you buy just one chase video this year I highly recommend that you get this one.

Very well done Mickey! I got my copy in today and I have to say I really enjoyed it. 5/12/05 was worth the purchase by itself and the rest of the footage was great. Good job getting rid of the garbage and keeping it real. I will be looking forward to the next one.

Excellent video Mickey! If you want awesome storm footage, it's on this DVD. And by watching this video, you will see that there is never a dull moment for Mickey and this crazy crew.

Good job!

I finally got a chance to watch this one tonight. It's very well done, and has a wide variety of weather footage, not just tornados. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of tornados on this DVD! This is how a chase DVD should be. Easy to navigate menus and well cut scenes. Congrats on a great year!

Back