Does anyone use the GEMPAK software?

Thats cool.

It's still going on cygwin, been about two hours (slow dell d630 :)

I'm gonna trash windows on my macbookpro, put fedora on it, and go from there this evening should compile MUCH faster on that.

I also stumbled over this: http://www.berry4all.com/home which i'll give a whirl probably tonight as well.

You'll be happier with Fedora - but to be honest your best bet in GEMPAKland is Centos. Especially if you want to use the followon software in 2011, as it'll be written specifically for Centos. Either way - either of those are better than cygwin.

AWIPS II will be opensource. I'll do the same thing that I've done with GEMPAK by offering systems including the software and all the data ingest scripts ready-to-run. Either standalone with Linux or a VMWare file that can be used in Windows / MAC / etc.

Welp, I got it compiled, now I just need to learn how to use it. :) but that will be a task for tomorrow. :) It looks kinda nice from pokin around it a bit.

Also, it seems to have made use of the 64bit compilers and libs as it was built.

Has anyone made an attempt to run gempak or compile it on an x86_64 system? Does it have any 64bit code?

Yes; I ran it for a while on my 64bit workstation with no major issues, but have since moved it over to a different workstation with a 32 bit setup (mostly just due to keeping my setup more usable for all the stuff I do).

Back