Dear Mods,

In NO WAY, should a moderator be able to change my avatar. That is an abuse of power and the person in question should not have the privilege to change it. I have a screen capture, in case it's gone in the morning. I can think of who did it.....but don't want to name any names. It's sad that a moderator would OBVIOUSLY do this. Can't even express my own opinion of a silly FOOTBALL game without a MODERATOR changing my avatar. Sad, sad. Ta, ta,

45-12

Texas 5-0 Choklahoma 2-3

I would definitely say that is an abuse of power although if I was able to do that I would have went for all the George Clinton avatars instead of messing with Dick's longhorn oklahoma domination avatar ;)

Dear Dick,

I did it... all in good fun. Lighten up man!

And for those that didn't see:

Original:
tx.jpg

Tweaked a bit ;)
ok.jpg

Edit:
I tried changing it back for you, but I think you need to be logged off for it to work. It keeps trying to replace it with the tweaked one. I'll try a bit later if you don't get to it first.

Aaron

I guess you win Aaron. After all, you are THE moderator, and are allowed to mess with people's avatars/posts/whatever.

Oh BTW: I have been informed by a racist ST member (OU Student, not a moderator) that I should change my avatar.

It's all in good fun.
most OU fans got over this. :wink:

WHY do the nuances of a select few football fans have to spill over onto the "Site Discussion" section of Stormtrack??

I spent the entire weekend wandering around the Texas State Fair, and 99% of the time I was forced to read slogans on t-shirts stating "F*CK TEXAS" or "F*CK OKLAHOMA" - and they were t-shirts which unfortunately did NOT star-out some of the letters. While I could have just ignored them, I couldn't help but wonder how I'd feel if we were leading our proverbial 5-year-old around the Fair. Now THAT'S the sort of thing that should be deemed as offensive!

I was hoping to be able to return tow ork etc. this morning and forget about THE GAME......but, apparently not. :roll:

KR

What I believe Dick is referring to is my suggestion that he change his avatar to reflect a particular portion of Vince Young's anatomy. Of course, that was all in good fun too. If you are on #stormchase later he will be giving a detailed account of our PM conversation, likely leaving out the parts that make him look like the bad guy.

In addition, I will not be able to get into graduate school now because Mr. McGowan has apparently mass emailed the entire OU staff with a quote containing my use of a racial slur. Woe is me. :cry:

What I believe Dick is referring to is my suggestion that he change his avatar to reflect a particular portion of Vince Young's anatomy. Of course, that was all in good fun too. If you are on #stormchase later he will be giving a detailed account of our PM conversation, likely leaving out the parts that make him look like the bad guy.

In addition, I will not be able to get into graduate school now because Mr. McGowan has apparently mass emailed the entire OU staff with a quote containing my use of a racial slur. Woe is me. :cry:

All in good fun is calling someone the "N" word???!!!!??!??! And I think you are stretching the truth about being me being the bad guy. I hope you make it to graduate school buddy. Maybe some day you can have a tour group with your "N" word in it. I'm done arguing with a simple-minded fool. Keep spreading the hate.

Dick - Michael.... take it off board.

Karen: You live in the southern half of the US! College football is one of the country's largest past times, and the OU-TX shootout is one of the biggest rivarlies! I'd get use to it... it won't be going away any time soon. Just wait till OU/OSU comes around.

Aaron

1) I apologize for the changes that were made to your avatar. Moderators are only allowed to make administrative changes to the system due to a TOS violation or a legitimate user request. I am making it explicitly clear that no further changes will be tolerated.

2) The hostile overtones regarding the OU/Texas game are degenerating into personal attacks. There is zero tolerance. I will personally kick anyone off the board who starts a flame war or participates in one.

3) I am releasing the lock on this thread providing the football thread is taken elsewhere. Please consider the avatar matter closed, as this will not happen again.

Tim

Read the thread Andrew.
Dick told me he was joking. Just wanted to throw that out there before anybody else got involved. I just couldn't help saying something after I thought about how pissed I would be if someone did that to me.

Dick - Michael.... take it off board.

Karen: You live in the southern half of the US! College football is one of the country's largest past times, and the OU-TX shootout is one of the biggest rivarlies! I'd get use to it... it won't be going away any time soon. Just wait till OU/OSU comes around.

Aaron

Us folks in the north get pretty involved with football as well. Even seen the cheese from the frozen tundra finally win a game in the pro arena yesterday:)

The Pack iz Back!! Wish I could say the same for the Badgers!

Pat

I'll be chanting Go Joe Pa for the rest of this college season!

Aaron...

YOUR FIRED!!!

The good news is that Paul Martin will be providing you with a million $ severance package, courtesy of Canadian taxpayers.

Enjoy your early retirement. :wink:

Back