Daylight Saving

Dujring the Big War, as I foggily recall, Britian had Double Summer Time, which stretched the sunlight late into the evening and enhanced the hunting by the RAF. So I think we should have DDST on the Great Plains to enhance our tornado hunting. I love those late, lazy, bright evenings in the good ol' summer time.
As for Phoenix, flew into there a few years ago and couldn't figure out what time it was. Thought I'd slipped a cog somewhere or entered another dimension. Yes, Phoenix -- another dimension when it comes to the clock.
B)

Indiana goes to DST for the first time since a brief experiment in the 60s and 70s, I believe. You can tell just how screwed up the priorities in this state are, when the issue that fills the local papers with letters is the time change.

A sizeable majority wanted Central time, since we're close to Chicago. If you want 4 pm sunsets in December and no benefit in the summer, that's fine, but that would have me looking for a sturdy place to hang a noose.

I myself look forward to being able to get in a full round of golf after work in April.

Back