Daylight Saving

Jay McCoy

EF5
Dont forget this weekend is the chasers favorite... Daylight Savings.

Set your clocks ahead 1 hour this saturday night/Sunday morning.

Now the annual contest of who will say those magic words 1st :)

I absolutely love Daylight Saving time, once I'm over the initial time shift adjustments (squinting at the sun in the morning). It kind of messes me up for a couple of weeks, but sure glad it's finally arrived.

As if the lack of convection isn't bad enough, we have to put up with a lot less sunlight during the winter, especially at my latitude. Bring on the sunlight. :D

Not me, I live in Phoenix. We don't do Daylight Saving time.
[/b]

Bunch of non-conformists!! :p

I love the time change. Not being much of a morning person anyway, l love having the extra daylight in the late evening to get stuff done outside.

Maybe we should lobby congress to pass 'Double Daylight saving' so that the earth's rotational axis will tilt even more and give us *2* more hours of heating! :D

Maybe we should lobby congress to pass 'Double Daylight saving' so that the earth's rotational axis will tilt even more and give us *2* more hours of heating! :D [/b]

Winters would be mighty cold...

For those who don't know, Congress did pass a law last fall that moves the change to Daylight Saving Time UP 3 weeks in the spring (from the first Sunday in April to the second Sunday in March) and moves it back 1 week in the fall (from the last Sunday in October to the first Sunday in November). So, at least in the years to come, I'll have an extra 3 weeks of more favorable scheduling (classes get out an hour earlier relative to UTC time).

Count me as an Arizonan For DST. If we got up earlier we'd take advantage of cooler a.m. temps, really the only enjoyable time of day during early summer (when the monsoon kicks in, there's no escape, as the sunrise often accompanies 95T/65Td).

Back