David Drummond is very fine, here's the thread

Originally posted by Caleb Lawrence
Ouch...that is pretty damaged and messy. In the one reflection of the glass on the left side of the van, I noticed you had the camera on your shoulder. Is it a TV-type one, or a more advanced Sony model?

Yeah it's a Sony.

Originally posted by mrobinson+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrobinson)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mason Dixon
David, do you have carbon fiber hood and top on your van or is it just painted that way? Also, was the front passenger side window busted out along with the back window?
its sprayed with bedliner they put in pickups.. Yes the front passenger side window exploded about 3 inches from my face.... Thank God it exploded outwards and not inwards or it would have got me right in the face.[/b]

Just to add to this, we know which glass went which way because the back glass is factory privacy glass that has the tinting built in. The front window is clear glass with aftermarket tinting. All of the glass in the van is the factory privacy glass from the rear window. We could only find a couple of pieces of the clear glass from the passenger window so we can only conclude the glass went out and not in.

Re: WOW!

Originally posted by Niki Darnaby
Was that an anti-cyclonic tornado??

Where exactly was this video taken?

It's a good thing you guys weren't hurt.

I do believe it might have been anticyclonic. Keep in mind a LOT of stuff was happening in a very short period of time. I do know for sure at least a couple of the vortices that went around us were rotating anticyclonically and it appears when we finally got east enough and got on of those shots it was rotating that way. Again, this stuff was happening very quickly and I was trying to (and still trying to) wrap my mind around what happened.

Re: WOW!

Just downloaded the main video on UK dial-up and glad I did. An incredible piece of footage. Looks like you could hardly see where you were going a lot of the time!

Here in Wales that would have spelt disaster as most of our roads have a sharp bend in them every 50m or so....

Glad you're both OK!

Cheers - John

Just saw you guys on Good Morning America. The video looks much more inense on a TV screen as opposed to the computer...

Now, go get the windows fixed!

:shock:
Unbeleivable!!!! I'm just glad that are OK David and Mel! Wow! amazing footage!!!! I'm just watching it all over and over again and I can't still beleive this!!! I would be Sh*tting bricks for sure if that would of happen to me, but then again, we never know how we would react when something like this happens, must of been a freakin adrenaline rush!!!!

Keep safe!

Gaetan

wow

Since it was anticyclonic was your location south of the main Hallam tornado or were you on the left split of the storm.

I don't remember any strong anticyclonic couplets out there from radar...even the left split of the Hebron storm had a strong cyclonic couplet.

Tell me David or Melissa...

When the multi-vortex tornado formed over you did you noticed a major pressure drop? Some people say that when feeling a quick pressure drop, you might feel almost like going to feint... was it the case with both of you?

Gaetan

Tell me David or Melissa...

When the multi-vortex tornado formed over you did you noticed a major pressure drop? Some people say that when feeling a quick pressure drop, you might feel almost like going to feint... was it the case with both of you?

Gaetan

I can't say as that I noticed it, but then again things were evolving EXTREMELY fast. Mel can post if she felt it or not.

Re: wow

Since it was anticyclonic was your location south of the main Hallam tornado or were you on the left split of the storm.

I don't remember any strong anticyclonic couplets out there from radar...even the left split of the Hebron storm had a strong cyclonic couplet.

This was a storm WEST of the storm that hit Hallam. Not the same storm.

I guess my question is - why were you guys underneath that thing in the first place?

I guess from here on out instead of saying "Let's Roll" we can say "Just Bookit"

:D

Well we had a local TV meteorologist here in OK that said…

“…They didn’t know what they were doing.â€

After showing your video.

I’m not judging nor am I trying to start a flame war here, but I can’t understand why someone would show off such a video. Personally if it were me and if it were my video it would have been for my eyes only. I wouldn’t be real proud that I had got myself into that situation much less let it get to national TV.

I’m really glad you both are OK, but how did you manage to get yourselves into that situation in the first place? I’m not bashing and if it sounds like it I apologize.

Mickey Ptak

Back