Continuing my tradition...

Damn that was close!

David, you're starting to remind me of that guy from "The Great Outdoors." That guy in the movie that got hit by lightning like 99 times lol.

That's pretty crazy! :shock:

Nice one David! That's quite an accomplishment to catch so many on camera in a short period of time (2 years)!

I've witnessed quite a few very close strikes this year, many of them spectacular. Problem is I wasn't rolling tape on the best of them :(

Nice one David! That's quite an accomplishment to catch so many on camera in a short period of time (2 years)!

I've witnessed quite a few very close strikes this year, many of them spectacular. Problem is I wasn't rolling tape on the best of them :(

That's the crazy thing. If I had been trying to get them, I never would have!
Funny how I thought I was going to get one certain shot for the 10pm news weather segment and ended up with something completely different!

That day out there in Kent County when you and I were filming that mulitvortex stuff was getting a little hairy with the sparks wasn't it? :lol: Did you hear me hollar and you and say "I told ya not to park near me!" when that started up? :lol:

Were you in the vehicle this time? If not then I know the meaning behind them.

We've all gotta chip in and buy David a "Human Lightning Rod" teeshirt.

Just think -- you could start a service. For only $2350 a week, David will tag along with you on chases and get out of the car every time you stop. He will even stand photogenically in front of tornadoes, so you can get the ever-elusive "lightning bolt next to a tornado" shot.

I just wanna know when Temples of the Wind is coming out...

Chase season and the van build up kinda got in the way of releasing that.....but it IS coming. I am hoping I have time now to finish it now that most of my chasing is done for the season.

To answer Mike, yep, I was sitting in the vehicle with the window down (opposite side the rain/wind was coming from).

I would have to say that Dave Drummond has a permanent stepped leader over his head. Wait, didn't an RFD come down on you last year as well?

IT'S MY 800th POST!

I would have to say that Dave Drummond has a permanent stepped leader over his head. Wait, didn't an RFD come down on you last year as well?

Anticyclonic tornado spun up in an tremendous RFD on top of me last May, yes.

Back