chasing hot spots

if you ever chase in illinois on a svr day more often than not, tor and svr warning will flood out of the mini alley in north central illinois........From La Salle to Peoria to Bloomington that triangle area seems to be a catalyst for intense weather, im sure a couple of IL chasers could vouch for that one
[/b]
All you have to do is shoot for Tazwell County, they ALWAYS get something. ;)

Stan

Redshirt, MT...I was on a really crappy supercell that day (6/14/06)...the storm had pretty much died out with it's precipitation core, deminishing every second...but then, as it moved from Deadwood, into Reshirt...it because a donut..with a a big inflow feeder (the hole in the center), of a moisture gathering base...the supercell, had lots of rotation and banding. Also, I have had luck in Redshirt, MT before on a storm in 2002.

All you have to do is shoot for Tazwell County, they ALWAYS get something. ;)

Stan
[/b]

im usually right on that border of tazwell and woodford co in the el paso-secor area seems like anytime i sit there NWS issues a tor for peoria tazewell woodford or mc lean

Mike
That map is super. Very nicely done. Must have taken a little time to do.

My favorite targeted areas where I have seen wallclouds, tornadoes and more are the area between St. Joseph , MO and the Missour/Kansas airport area.

I have a warm spot for the area in Texas that Doug Raflik and I saw that great Wall Cloud storm however I have not been back there since and may never get there again.

:) :D

I'll add a vote for Harper County, KS. That area yeilded lots of supercells and tornadic storms in the late 1990's and first couple years of 2000ds. On one of our tours, we spent five days straight hunting in Harper County.

Another sweet spot seems to be in the vicinity of Meade KS.

In Colorado the local hotspot is the Palmer Divide (what else :rolleyes: ). On nine out of ten severe weather days there will be good storms anywhere in a southwest-northeast oriented corridor about one hundred miles in width from Colorado Springs all the way up to Holyoke. You are almost guaranteed to see significant severe weather consistently in northern El Paso County/central and eastern Elbert County/northern Lincoln County/central and eastern Araphahoe and Adams County/all of Morgan County/northeastern Weld County/all of Washington County/northern Yuma County/all of Logan County/ all of Sedwick and Phillips County, with the best storms occurring in the southern and easternmost part of the corridor. This is our little mini alley, with all the significant tornadic events in Colorado having occurred in or near this alley in the last sixteen years ( 6/6/90 Limon F4, 5/31/96 twin F2's south of Fort Morgan, 5/13/96 Elba F3, 7/5/00 Dailey F3, 7/21/00 Riverside Reservoir F2, 5/12/04 Cedar Point tornadic family). Nothing decent happened in this area this year in terms of significant severe weather, so hopefully next year we'll actually get a supportive SURFACE based storm environment that would support a tornadic event or two in this area sometime between May and July. :) One thing I've learned is that if the 'Palmer Divide Alley' doesn't produce any tornadoes for a year or two, that year following the unproductive streak something spectacular will likely occur. It never fails us Colorado chasers. B)

Back