Chase Utility for Laptop

Joey Ketcham

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm the type of person who likes to have all his info right there at the touch of a button - especially when it comes to working on a laptop in the field while chasing.

I'm soon going to be switching to another Cellular Service so in the near future I will be able to have dialup internet while in the field, so being that I am constantly creating batch files at work for various things I thought "Hey, why not create a batch files that contains quick access to radar and other information'... so that's what I did.

It's not complete, but if you're good with batch files and would like to have it on your laptop go for it and customize it as need be.

Basically it's a utility that when ran, it takes you to a menu where you can select SPC Products, NWS HWO, and NWS Doppler Radar. Say if you choose to go to SPC Products, it takes you to a menu where you can choose to view the SPC Watches and other SPC products and when you select that option, it'll automatically launch the browser to that specific page.

Anyways, I have it uploaded on my webserver - it's safe - I've tested it on my PC, my Laptop, and my workstation at work and it ran fine without problems.

If you wish to play with it and use it, you can download it at http://www.kschaser.com/ChaseUtil.bat

Again, this was just something I orgionally made for myself so I could have quick access to stuff while on the road using dialup internet.

I don't have the software and misc section done, not sure what I'll put in there.. but something.

Back