Chase Party 6/30/07 Anybody like to come?

I forgot to mention in my previous post that you are welcome to bring your significant other to the party.

chasing party on June 30th

If people don't want to be involved with this Iron chef battle I can cancel that . We can just have a good old fashioned stormchaser party with video, grub and more. I still plan to bring my desert Peach bread pudding with amaretto cream sauce . I will think up some other stuff . Please let us know if you are thinking of coming.

I may be coming...recently took a forecasting job in Shawnee, and will be moving into an apartment there on Friday the 29th or Saturday the 30th. Provided I am able to get all of my belongings moved into the new place, I'd love to come out and meet the KC Storm Chase crowd!

-Chris

I still can't get over that you're moving out here Chris :) Wow it's been a long long time my friend!!

Eric/John, we'd love to make the short drive over, but our WCM is throwing a party the same night, so it's a no go :( Two nearby parties involving weather...I'm going out on a limb with a Moderate Risk for 6/30.

Evan

I've been able to free up my day, but not my night so I will be attending for as long as I can before having to head back home. I dont have to be back untill my night shift starts so it shouldnt be a problem.

Bart and all come and go as you please

Great Bart
Anyone else is welcome to come and go as they please depending on the day , what is happening with you all ,family stuff etc. You all do not have to stay whole time.
If anyone else is thinking of coming or have inquiries post here. Looking forward to meeting you all , videos ,photos, have some good eats etc

:::
I've been able to free up my day, but not my night so I will be attending for as long as I can before having to head back home. I dont have to be back untill my night shift starts so it shouldnt be a problem.

My wife Abby and I will be there; we're just getting settled into our apartment in Overland Park. We'll bring a taco dip dish with tortilla chips (taco dip is kind of a "7 layer dip" modified to include only the ingredients I like), as well as a pasta salad for a side dish. We have some chase video to show from earlier this spring and a time-lapse montage if I can excavate them out from the sea of boxes. Looking forward to meeting some folks in KC, many thanks to those throwing the party.

Kevin Walter

Kevin that is great - chasers on the road chasercations are invites let us know

Kevin
that is great. Welcome to town too. Look forward to trying the dip and seeing your videos.
Meanwhile any chasers , who are are on the road for chasercations and are nearby, you are welcome too.
the countdown has begun
T minus less then 7 days

My wife Abby and I will be there; we're just getting settled into our apartment in Overland Park. We'll bring a taco dip dish with tortilla chips (taco dip is kind of a "7 layer dip" modified to include only the ingredients I like), as well as a pasta salad for a side dish. We have some chase video to show from earlier this spring and a time-lapse montage if I can excavate them out from the sea of boxes. Looking forward to meeting some folks in KC, many thanks to those throwing the party.

Kevin Walter

I'm off that weekend, so I may be interested...especially if we can come up with a carload of people to carpool up there. If anybody in the OKC area is planning to go, give me a shout.

Looking forward to a great chaser party Saturday...I have to head off to another party around 3:30 so hopefully I'll catch some of the good chaser video before then. Shiner Bocks and tornado video...a perfect way to spend a Saturday !! Plus may get a bonus chase in on Sunday and/or Monday up north in MN.

Heading down home stretch for stormchase party 6/30/2007

The Okeef's and I look forward to meeting you all for the stormchaser part at the Okeef's place.

Bring some of your favorite munchies or grub too and of course your storm /tornado videos or dvds.

Once again come and go as you please and depending on your schedule.
Starts at 11:00 am and will go to whenever we stop.

Directions are earlier in this thread

Questions etc email or call either the Okeef's or myself (913-780-5902)

Looking forward to meeting you all and then maybe chasing later on that Sunday or Monday if the conditions are right

Well tomorrow is party and we are preparing for it as we speak. I am really looking forward to seeing some good friends and meet some new chasers! Tomorrows forecast: Scattered T-Storms. Could be an interesting. lol. Most liekly it won't be like it is today so I think we will be able to go outside. Hope to see you there tomorrow. :)

BTW though it has been said feel free to come and go as you please. The party should be going on for a while I'm guessing so come if you can. We'd love to see you there.

...will see if I can make it...all moved into my new place, but I'm awaiting on a bed delivery todsay.

Depends on when this happens if I can make it out. If I can't, hopefully I could together with some of you for a beer/cup of coffee (pending your age obviously) over the next few weeks!

-Chris

6/30 chase party success

Many thanks again for the Okeef's hosting the chaser party originally canceled on 5/5/07 due to "Chasedayritis"( the itchy feeling you get when there are favorable conditions for chaseday and just can't stay inside).

Thanks to the Okeef's for the burgers and chicken and everyone had great sides, beverage and more.

We had plenty of videos to watch and this went from 12:30 or so to 9! Good to see the 2007 footage.Some came and went depending on their schedule but we all enjoyed the food and storms from the past and recent tornado footage.

Thanks to Brian Stertz, Kevin and Abby Walter (welcome to KC area), Scott Curren, Fred Plowman, Darren Bruin and the Okeefs for making it a great chase party. Hopefully we can do it again someday. Until then happy chasing.
Thanks again to the Okeefs
icon7.gif

Great way to ease into summer SDS....enjoyed the party. Many thanks to the O'Keefe's for hosting the party. Great to meet the newest KC chasers...the Walters who moved up to KC from Lubbock recently....and their awesome footage of the Mar. 28 tornadoes. Now lets hope that the summer somehow gives us the missing pieces to the summer months puzzle we need Scott !!

Back