Chase Party 6/30/07 Anybody like to come?

Michael O'Keeffe

Since Eric's party was cancelled due to inclement weather :p Eric and I have decided to have another chase party only at my house this time. Here is information about the party:

Where:Overland Park,KS: It's easiest to take I-35 to exit 215. Head east on 151st and continue on that road until you pass the airport. You will see a sign for Morse Village and make a right onto Oakmont St. then take the first right onto 152 St which becomes Long St. We are on the right side, left of a house with a very long driveway (15282 Long St). http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl&ie=UTF-8

When: Sat. June 30,2007

Time: TBA

RSVP: You can PM me or my dad John. You can catch me on my cell at (913)- 660-2914

We will be serving either lunch or dinner depending on when the time of the party is. You can bring something if you would like such as a dessert or a side dish, but don't feel obligated. Make sure to bring lots of tornado video to show everyone. We also have a pool if anyone is interested in swimming. We probably can have up to 20 people give or take. If you have any questions you can just call or PM me. Hope to see a lot of you there! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Iron chef stormchaser party battle" 6/30 added to this

Well we can start at 11 and
try some light stuff first while
looking over our
videos/ dvds and photos
then later have
entrees, more sides etc
Will need
* pop and drinks
* favorite chips
* favorite dips

If you all want we can have a stormchaser theme party
those who come can bring your favorite stormchaser food or
item you like to cook or eat while on the road, or home while waiting to chase

and you know about those Iron chef battles
how about an Iron chef stormchaser party battle
this would be taped to send to the food channel

(we can do the battle in several ways but these are my suggestions)
(1) The battle could have a stormchaser specific theme
(2) I could either do the battle against one of you stormchaser gourmets or if you prefer
(3) two stormchasers could battle it out and I will be the master of ceremony with either Michael's father and mother judging with me to judge the best or 1 or 2 other stormchasers.

email or post here what you think and if you might want to
(A) come and partake of the festivities
(B) and battle (see 1-3 above)
icon13.gif
icon14.gif

Dick says puke up your dukes because he is ready to battle you Eric.

I am just kidding....I didn't even ask him.

Seriously though........Anyone else can do what they like but I just typically like to kick back, eat some good food, and watch video at a chaser party.

As for the chaser road food theme....I have been eating enough of that crap over the last 3 months ;) so something else would be nice.

I think they should wear lil chefs hats at the party.. lol

Dick and Eric that is..

Hey thanks for the encouragement (I think). Darin sounds good. Stormchaser chef hats? Good ideas . That is a good idea. If we do the battle it would not take the whole time. It could take an hour at most. I think it would be cool to try to get it on food channel.
I do different types of food all the time. I make recipes from food channel, my own and much more. If people pick their unusual favorite then we can try some new stuff which I always love to do.
Well the jury is still out and we have time to decide whether to do the battle or not. I think it would be fun but it is up to Michael, his parents and you all. I'll go with what ever you guys decide or vote on.

How about this for real stormchaser cooking theme: cooking with a homemade lightning generator! :eek: :D

hope you can come watch the foruum for more news

Hope you can make it to the picnic. More info coming

Meanwhile I looked at your site and noticed."From about 6:45 until about 7:20, I waited at this intersection and observed the rotation grow stronger. At the intersection, a Reno County EOC truck along with another chaser were also observing the rotation. During the time of observation, I noticed 3 seperate touchdowns of the funnel. During the second touchdown, there was some debris flying from the ground circulation.
All pictures were taken at intersection of K-14 and 43rd Avenue"

I am still working on my videos but will have the pics and log account soon.

I want to finalize the plans for the Chase party on 6/30 in Overland Park, KS.
He are my thoughts but, I am open to suggestions:

Date: Saturday, June 30th

Time: 11:00am to ??? (We can party as long as you like)

Location: 15282 Long Street, Overland Park, KS 66221. You can check out Michael's post for directions or just use mapquest.

Drinks: I will provide some softdrinks(Coca-Cola products - Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite) You are welcome to bring your favorite beverage (softdrink, beer, wine, other)

Food: I can provide the basics hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken. If you want, you can bring your favorite grilling food and have an Iron Chef battle as Eric described in his post. You are welcome to use my grill for any type of grilling contest. In addition, we could use some side dishes(potato salad, etc) and/or chips for anyone that is willing to bring them.

Swimming: The pool will be open for anyone that wants to take a swim. Please warn us in advance if you are going to wear a Speedo (LOL)

Video: Bring you favorite chase video that we can show during the party.

Michael and I are looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting those of you who we have not yet had a chance to meet. Please let us know if you are still planning on attending so we can get a head count. I realize that if June 30th turns into a good chase day than we will have to reschedule the party. If you have any questions please PM myself or Michael.

Come on down 6/30

As you know I was to have the chase party 5/5/07 but had to cancel due to the severe weather and everyone including myself was chasing.
The Okeef's have graciously offered to host the party with me on 6/30/07.I think they have more room so that is fine.

I will bring some of my videos (Dearborn tornado 5/29/04 and maybe some stuff I can show from this year (if I can finalize the stuff on video or dvd).

I will host a stormchaser iron chef battle if all things pan out. Something to try and won't take too long (we can do it in between some eating). All those who want to be involved with the video etc have to sign a food channel waver which is not a big deal. Will be interested to see if we can make this work , get battle and video done and send it to food channel to see if we can have it shown.
Will only take at the most an hour and probably we can do it at 12:00.
Bring your hats, storm shirts , paraphanelia.? let me know

As for food, I will make a desert (not for the battle) called Peach Bread pudding with amaretto cream sauce. really good.

I may bring my portable grill for the battle. Jury is still out on what the battle will be about but it will be something grilled. We shall see.

POst if you want to come , what to bring and more.Looking forward to seeing you all , meeting new friends, good eats and having a good time, seeing your stormchase videos.
Hey that's what a stormchasing party is all about.
icon7.gif

I may be coming...recently took a forecasting job in Shawnee, and will be moving into an apartment there on Friday the 29th or Saturday the 30th. Provided I am able to get all of my belongings moved into the new place, I'd love to come out and meet the KC Storm Chase crowd!

-Chris

I will be coming as well. I will bring some potato salad and macaroni salad and possibly some meat to cook, but I am a lousy cook so I may not be in the iron chef thing lol. Anyway it should be a really fun day and I look forward to it.

I too may be moving that weekend, but if I can get away I'll most-likely go. Real iffy on if I'll be free but if I am I'm in. I'll bring the beer.

Back