CHASE PARTNER THREAD: Spring 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be chasing primarily in the Dakotas, Minnesota, and perhaps southern Manitoba this year. If the time and set-up is good I'll branch out to eastern MT, eastern NE, western IA, and southern Sask. Work schedule and available funds will be much more conducive for more chasing this summer. The rear sway bar on the old 94 Acclaim is shot so it is a bit rocky while accelerating and while sitting in RFD but it gets the job done with pretty good mpg and seats four persons comfortably. Nice thing about this old ride is I don't need to concern myself with additional hail dents though I try to avoid the stuff. Last year I mainly chased with other Meridian forecasters but would be happy to have someone from the area ride along. I'd also like to meet other chasers in the area. Perhaps hook up before a chase and/or fire off some e-mail chase discussions. There were a pile of chasers on that lone Aberdeen sup last June but there was no time for shooting the breeze on that storm. The Yahoo group mn-chase has been a fair discussion forum for storms in the Northern Plains when the season is rolling and may also be of use to folks living in the great white north. I tend to be a crowd pleaser in the car, Just let me know if you're interseted in riding along. All I ask if for a fair portion of the gas expense and only light to moderate use of four letter hyperboles. I prefer to drive but would consider meeting someone and then jumping in their ride. I travel realtively light. Some Pilot My-Cast data on the phone when in a Verizon digital area (most of the Dakotas is covered), all the state gazeteers from the area, scanner, power inverter, and a few other items.

I'll be arriving in either Kansas or Oklahoma (depending on which one looks better) for two weeks sometime in May. I'll have my own equipment and a car, and what I'm looking for is someone to convoy with who can stay in touch on HF. Since I'm in the learning stages, I could hopefully get together with someone to discuss target areas and strategies.

I'll be flexible as to where the weather takes us, and will want to hang out after dark to capture the light show. I'm a freelance journalist, so if a story comes out of the journey with some good pics, so much the better.

Interested? Drop me a note at [email protected]

I live in the Arlington, tx area.
Do not have much experience on the road with chasing storms, but I dont mind driving or sharing the expenses riding with someone else.

Just looking to get out and experience some real storms..

thanks
Scott

Anyway I am looking for people to stormchase with. I have video and camera equipment and chasing for several years.
My site and pics and accounts are at

http://members.aol.com/kcstormguy/stormsat...stormsatori.htm

Dr. Eric Flescher ([email protected])
Olathe,KS
913-780-5902 (home)
Storm Satori

Just moved to the Dallas, TX area and am looking for someone to ride along with. I'm willing to help pay gas, etc. I love weather- don't have an education or much knowledge of it- so I can't help in that way. But I love to take pictures of storms, share the cost in chasing, and I'm someone to enjoy the chase with! My email is [email protected] if anyone is willing to have me tag along that lives in the DFW area...
[/b]

I am from the Nevada Missouri area and would love to hook up with some fellow chasers. Preferably those around my areas. Im more than willing to share cost of gas.

I am a photographer, based in Cedar Rapids Iowa looking for others in the eastern Iowa area to network with. I can provide still and (hopefully soon) video equiptment, as well as PC/network hardware, and am I licensed ham.

Also splitting expeneses is not an issue.

Hey, i really need someone to take me chasing with them this year. Last year i spent all summer...just tortured...looking at grlevel3 and just seeing wicked storms just 30 miles away, close enough to touch...I got to chase a few times, but it was always revolving on whoever i could bribe to take me out, and when their schedule could support it. I live in North Denver, and i will pay the majority, if not the whole gas bill for the chase. Ive got a lot of money, and would gladly pay for anyones time. Please send me a PM, if your in the area. I've been working soo hard and saving all the money i could for this time of year, and June is just around the corner, and im sure the next major outbreak will be upon us. Im free anyday, just call me or drop me a PM...Thanks

Still looking for a chasing partner in North Texas for 2nd half of May.
I will be home in Ft. Worth during that period of time before heading back to Oklahoma for summer classes late in the month.
Would prefer someone with experience and WXWORX/BARON/GR Level 3/internet equipped.

Brief Bio: I am 23 yr old Sr. at OU majoring in meteorology. I have volunteered at one NWSFO and interned at the SPC. I am also an Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts of America and am very active in several campus organizations. I have been chasing since 2004. I chased 5 times in '04, 12 in '05, and so far 4 times in '06.

Please simply send me a PM with contact info if interested

Thanks,
Chris

EDIT: also wouldnt mind being a chase buddy myself for someone else that has some degree of experience and is radar equipped. Can also split gas expenses

We currently have all of our seats filled. Thanks to those who responded!

I am in Olathe, kS a little ways from you guys. If we can hook up or if you guys come this way let me know
. In about a week , I can chase all of June too. I will have some time in July as well around my two week earth-space course for kids. Give me a call at home

Dr. Eric Flescher
913-780-5902

Dan
I have a week left for my school teaching and can possibly meet up with you all as a possibility if you all still have an opening. I meet your requirments. I can meet mostly anywhere and anytime starting a week from next Tuesday. (23rd).
I have two dates JUne 6 and another that I have to be close by but otherwise I am open.
Email me at [email protected] or call 913-780-5902 anytime.

Dr. Eric Flescher
Storm Satori
Olathe KS

We have one open seat left in our chase vehicle that we'd like to fill due to high gas prices, and we are looking for a responsible chase partner to help share travel expenses. If this final seat is filled, gas and lodging costs will be split six ways, which will make for a very economical chase trip.

This is not a tour nor a commercial trip. This seat is in my personal vehicle and is available first-come, first served and is open to anyone in the USA or overseas who wishes to chase in the Great Plains.

We only have a few reasonable requirements:

1.) Must be at least 18 years of age

2.) Must be familar with and be able to handle the rigors of chasing (staying calm in storm environment, long hours on the road, infrequent bathroom and food stops, short sleep nights, etc).

3.) Must be able to meet us anytime, anywhere and on short notice, as we plan our trips strictly around active severe weather patterns, wherever they may be (Texas to North Dakota). Anywhere on I-64 from St. Louis to Charleston, WV is an easier initial meeting place, as west of STL the possible chase routes diverge considerably.

4.) Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from meeting points, and must be able to stay with us for the majority of our trip (2 to 3 weeks anytime between May 13 and June 10).

5.) Must be comfortable sharing a vehicle with 5 other chasers for an extended trip.

6.) Must be able to pay share of gas and lodging costs, and share a hotel room with 3 to 6 people (1 or 2 rooms per night)

7.) Must be able to travel light (we have limited space for luggage and gear). Maximum 1 small duffel bag, 1 small tripod and and 1 toiletry bag per person. Large lockable camera case is provided for camera security, coolers are provided onboard for drinks, no room for extra coolers or camera/laptop bags. Anything more than your tripod and luggage will have to ride on your lap or at your feet. We are using a rooftop cargo carrier for luggage.

8.) No smoking, drugs, alcohol or profanity onboard the vehicle.

9.) Must be willing to sign liability waiver.

Amenities:

Clean vehicle, comfortable seats, air conditioning, Baron WxWorx radar on multiple monitors, DVD player with multiple monitors, onboard WIFI internet, GPS on multiple monitors, 110v power connections, and more. The vehicle is a 6-seat 2005 Ford Freestyle crossover wagon with large interior space. Photos here:

http://wvlightning.com/mobileweb/cargal.shtml

Our group currently consists of Matt Robinson, David Draun, Tom Mullins, Terry Tyler and me.

Please PM or email me ASAP at [email protected] if you are interested. We could be leaving as early as Monday, May 15.
[/b]

I'm looking for an experienced chase partner in the Colorado vicinity. My knowledge of weather is alright and growing everyday as I continue to learn. Last season was the first year I actually went chasing myself and I got on a few nice storms but the elusive tornado eluded me! My equipment is pretty limited; laptop and mycast on my cell is about it, along with cameras. I also have a scanner with a car mounted antenna for better weather radio reception. I am more than willing to pay the majority of the fuel tab to go out with someone that can show me the ropes a bit better as far as chasing goes. I'm an accountant/college student and worked the tax year this year so my entire summer is free. ANY day from here on out that looks promising, I'm there! Give me a PM if you're interested. Thanks

I'm taking my chase vacation from June 4th to the 9th and am looking for anyone who would want to tag along and split costs for the whole time or maybe just a day or two. I'll be leaving from the north burbs of Chicago Saturday and be ready to chase the plains on Sunday. I drive a reliable all-wheel drive Mercury Mountaineer and have room for 3 or 4 other people. I would also consider riding along with someone else who has room and wants to cut costs. I have all the essentials such as video/still equipment, wifi capable laptop, scanner, and hopefully an internet connection through my phone. I'm 23 and have been chasing seriously for 3 years now. I just graduated from the University of Iowa. I'm a non-smoker and very easy going. Just PM me or drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Being that we are well past spring and the year is about to wrap up, I am going to go ahead and lock down this thread and get one started for 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back