cell phone as modem

Ray Walker

Well its official, cingular cant help me so maybe someone from the chaser comunity can. Im trying to tether my moterola razor V3 to my laptop to get internet access. Well my laptop I just bought has Vista on it and for some reason it is having trouble downloading the software that I bought for the Modem plan. Any thought on what I should do or were I should go to get software? Honestly I really am thinking about downgrading to Windows Exp because suposably the software I need to download Isnt comming out for a couple more weeks and I'm ready to get this internet connection up and running and plus Ive had a lot of problems with vista. Just because no one has upgraded the to program yet!!!
LOL this makes no since to me, I'm very frustrated about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downgrading to XP might be your best bet.

I have an upgrade to Vista sitting on my desk that I got with my new Dell and I'm not going to touch it until A. The chase season is over and B. I can be assured my hardware is going to be compatible with it. I just ordered a Motorazr V3xx and I found lots of tutorials and forum postinngs online about tethering it. However, it doesn't surprise me that you are coming up short for Vista support. My Sony Ericsson I'm using right now is not compatible with Vista, and updated software is still on the horizon. Making a major shift in operating system/hardware right before the season is a real risky move.

Well its official, cingular cant help me so maybe someone from the chaser comunity can. Im trying to tether my moterola razor V3 to my laptop to get internet access. Well my laptop I just bought has Vista on it and for some reason it is having trouble downloading the software that I bought for the Modem plan. Any thought on what I should do or were I should go to get software? Honestly I really am thinking about downgrading to Windows Exp because suposably the software I need to download Isnt comming out for a couple more weeks and I'm ready to get this internet connection up and running and plus Ive had a lot of problems with vista. Just because no one has upgraded the to program yet!!!
LOL this makes no since to me, I'm very frustrated about this.

Try this thread:

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11278

J thanks for the site and you to Ryan but I downloaded the folder from the thread Ryan sent me to and here is my problem. I purchased moterola phone tools and it downloaded fine but when it is trying to detect and instal my phone a screen pops up saying it couldnt detect my phone. Any help?

Motorola Phone tools is not, as far as I know, compatible with Vista (yet). You don't need Motorola phone tools to use the phone as a modem, though.

Motorola Phone tools is not, as far as I know, compatible with Vista (yet). You don't need Motorola phone tools to use the phone as a modem, though.
Maybe drivers don't satisfy Vista's DRM checks... :D
Actually only modem driver should be needed, although depending how connection between cellphone and laptop is done it can be tricky.

XP would propably give also longer battery operation time because of smaller amount of bloated junk.

Back