Windows 10 Program Compatibility

I upgraded one of my computers yesterday to Windows 10. I'm holding off on my storm chasing computer though because a lot of the software is older. I want to make sure all of the software will work.

Once you upgrade to Windows 10 (the final release, not the technical preview), please list what software works on your computer.

I'll get it started with the one program I had time to test. Some other programs I will be testing include Franson GPS Gate, SpotterNetwork, Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013, CyberLink Power Director, and Adobe Photoshop CS2. (i said my software was old ;))

*** PLEASE POST IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT ***

Program: GRLevel3
Version: 2.00
Computer Specs: Asus Laptop, 4th gen i7, 8gb RAM, Integrated Graphics Card, Wireless N
Notes: Windows 10 appears to be slower than Widows 8, but maybe it's just because of Day 0 upgrades and downloading of software that was still ongoing when I went to bed.

Program: Power Director 13
Version: 13.0.2907.1
Computer Specs: Asus Laptop, 4th gen i7, 8gb RAM, Integrated Graphics Card, Wireless N
Pass/Fail: Failed
Notes: Failed with the attached error message.

upload_2015-7-30_20-16-32.png

Version: 2.00
Pass/Fail: Passed
Notes: have not tested shape files yet, but radars work for sure.

Program: Spotter Network Client
Version: 3.0.9
Notes: have not tested GPS input yet, but manual works for sure.

Program: Power Director 13
Version: 13.0.2907.1
Pass/Fail: Failed
Notes: Failed with the attached error message.

View attachment 9405

I heard back from CyberLink. It turns out it was an error with Apple QuickTime.

To fix:
  1. Uninstall QuickTime
  2. Uninstall PowerDirector
  3. Reinstall PowerDirector
  4. Patch PowerDirector to the latest version
  5. Reinstall QuickTime

Version: 2.17
Computer Specs: Lenovo Laptop, 3rd gen i5, 4gb RAM, Integrated Graphics Card, Wireless N
Notes: No issues found

Program:
Spotter Network Client
Version: 3.0.9
Computer Specs: Lenovo Laptop, 3rd gen i5, 4gb RAM, Integrated Graphics Card, Wireless N
Notes: No issues, location found and passed to Spotter Network

Program: Franson GpsGate
Version: 2.6.0.402
Notes: No issues, was able to pass phone gps location to GRLevel3

Program: StormTarget
Version: 1.0.2
Notes: No issues

Program: F5 Data
Version: 2.6.7
Notes: No issues

Program: Adobe Lightroom
Version: 6.0.1
Notes: No issues found

Back