Canadians Coming To U.S to Storm Chase, Mobile Internet Options?

Chris Mitchell

Hey Guys! Right off the bat I'll say I'm new to Stormtrack, and just posting on forums for that matter. I have a question/need help. I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, I searched and could not find much. Basically my Dad and I are planning to head to the U.S to storm chase (early-mid June). I'd love to have a decent mobile internet connection for my laptop while being on the road, mostly for radar (GRLevel3) and Mapping/GPS (Delorme). However, being Canadian with Canadian Mobile networks (telus), the roaming charges for using Data will be out of this world.

Are there any Chasers who come from Canada (or anyone really) who could give me an idea how to obtain a Mobile Internet Connection for our trip? A "Traveler's Pass" from Telus gives me 100MB of data for the month... and anything over that costs $1 per MB..., which would probably only handle a day, if that. I was thinking maybe purchasing a Mobile Internet Stick and a pre-paid, or pay-as-you-go month-to-month plan once we got there, if such thing exists. Any opinion/recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks Jason! I looked into it and it seems like a great deal, I will contact them to make sure I can get the stick shipped to Canada so i can use it when i cross the border!!

Jason is millicom really a better way to go as far as internet for my laptop ???? and can I turn it off July 1st until next year ???? and does it cover great in Tx and Ok ????

"MYFOXDFW.COM"

"FOX 4-WARN StormTracker"

Shawn C.

Back