Camcorders vs. DSLR cameras

I switched to a DSLR a few years ago more for the convenience of no longer having to switch cameras for stills versus video. IMO that's a big positive in "living in the moment" while watching the storm. But as others have noted, the DSLR is more awkward to hold versus a one-handed camcorder, is a little more complicated than just pressing "record", and I can't even figure out how to put my Nikon on "infinity"...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im considering purchasing one of these still on the fence about which one. Both are great camcorders. Id like to dash mount one but i suppose a simple go pro would do fine and then this for professional video quality. The 1" sensors are a must for me to get that low light performance, also i want lots of button controls. I heard that the panasonic is a great "shoot on the go" as in it shoots fast and focuses great. I also shoot still images with a Canon 7D Mark ii.
Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 2.45.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 2.45.17 PM.png

Seriously, I have a lot of experience with the Sony 1" sensor and I don't think you can go wrong. Just make sure you use XAVC S for shooting, 50mbps/60fps.

Seriously, I have a lot of experience with the Sony 1" sensor and I don't think you can go wrong. Just make sure you use XAVC S for shooting, 50mbps/60fps.
I do like the fact that the sony camcorder is small enough to dash mount also and batteries are cheap for them. now deciding if its work getting the 4k model or just the cx-900 hd version. Also are their 1" sensors really good in lowlight?

also what is shooting in xcvx s 50mbps/60fps important for?

Last edited:
I would say it performs quite well in very low light- better than my eyes do mostly.

And 60fps on xavcs 50mbps is quite good quality. Look at 1080p60 version of this
- That was shot with the PXW-X70 which also has the 1" sensor on xavc s 50mbps 60p

I would say it performs quite well in very low light- better than my eyes do mostly.

And 60fps on xavcs 50mbps is quite good quality. Look at 1080p60 version of this
- That was shot with the PXW-X70 which also has the 1" sensor on xavc s 50mbps 60p
heres what i think I'm going to end up purchasing soon. IMG_0131.PNG

Back