Beavercreek, OH Tornado

a5cc0a61-b3ba-42d2-b576-df334fb42f82.jpg

Courtesy of a security camera. Even OH is trolling us, now.

http://m.whio.com/videos/news/beavercreek-tornado/vDSwLn/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

Last edited:
SPC had them in the 2% tornado for the first two outlooks of the day. Western Ohio was removed in the 1730z outlook. This was also a troll on the SPC. Ohio has a wierd way of making tornados on low probs days (looking at you Van Wert 2002).

Jason the tornado was on the ground for 1 minute it happened between radar scans.It was also a qlcs tornado on the leading edge of a squall line those tornadoes are hard to detect.If we put out a tornado warning trying to catch ever qlcs tornado it would be a wast of time.Everyone is blaming the nws office in Wilmington for not warning on this tornado.They did the best they could.

I left that stuff out on my post on here. I think it was on another forum or the chat where I posted pretty much what you said. Wilmington uploaded the TDWR loop to youtube, and I see exactly why it wasn't warned. It was there and gone in 1 scan, so no point in warning it then. Those QLCS tornadoes have happened twice in the Dayton area this year, which explains why people are jumping to blame the NWS. They do a pretty good job and it's too bad they keep getting this QLCS stuff they can't warn for.

Back