Anyone chasing this beast?

How incredibly stupid, putting themselves in a situation where they had to be rescued on purpose. If I were a rescuer, I would have saved them for last. These guys give honest chasers a black eye. I hope it was worth it for their precious video and cash.

I would like to kindly remind you that I don't know all the details of the situation. I do know that from another post both Tim Marshall and Roger Hill were also in Slidell. I guess they were lucky enough to get out of the flooding waters safely? But Simon and Reed certainly did not put themselves in a sitation on purpose where they would have to be rescued.

Either way in my opinion these people are all morons doing this just to get their two seconds of fame and make money from sensational media shows. People are dying and yet we are supposed to look at them as some kind of chase heroes. What a pathetic joke.

Tim Marshall's post stated they watched the storm from a multi-level concrete parking garage connected to a hospital. Even if they couldn't get out from the flooding for awhile, they were in a safe place to spend the duration. As opposed to these guys, who apparently thought it was safe to ride out a cat 4 at less than 20 feet above sea level in a car. They're very lucky they are not floating in Lake Pontchitrain right now. As it stands, they took up room in a rescue boat that could have been used for the rescuing of real victims.

Originally posted by Anonymous
Either way in my opinion these people are all morons doing this just to get their two seconds of fame and make money from sensational media shows. People are dying and yet we are supposed to look at them as some kind of chase heroes. What a pathetic joke.

Tim Marshall, Jim Edds, Roger Hill, Scott Blair, Roger Edwards, Warren Faidley, Jim Reed, and Simon/Reed are all doing this for the same reason - they love weather, they love to experience the extremes of weather (sometimes people build their cities in the path of severe weather, but DO NOT MISTAKE WHAT THEY DO----these people are there for the weather, not the carnage) and all these people sell their video to continue doing what they do; not a single one of them is rich because of what they do.

So don't condemn one and then praise another, because every single one of these people have made bad decisions in at least a few of their chases,
but are smart enough to survive and tell the tale.

For information purposes only Simon and Reed were in a three floor steel reinforced concrete building, but there was no safe haven for their vehicle.

Originally posted by Jim Bishop
For information purposes only Simon and Reed were in a three floor steel reinforced concrete building, but there was no safe haven for their vehicle.
So were 23 people at the Richelieu Manor Apartments in Pass Christian in 1969. Ask them how well that worked out when you get to heaven.

Originally posted by Jim Bishop
these people are there for the weather, not the carnage

California has nice weather.

Come on...everyone on this forum loves destructive weather...they just don't admit it...

Originally posted by Anonymous+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anonymous)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jim Bishop
these people are there for the weather, not the carnage

California has nice weather.

Come on...everyone on this forum loves destructive weather...they just don't admit it...[/b]

That's not true at all... When I chase storms, I do NOT want to see destruction and death associated with them. Unfortunetely, this could many times result from tornadoes -- but as so many other chasers have noted through the years, that is beyond your control.

Is destruction cool? yes. Is Death and harm to people? No. I'd be lying if I didn't think video of stuff getting ripped apart was amazing. Do I wish this apon anyone? No Way.

Jim, why don't you guys just give the full story about the situation several chasers went through?

AK

wow this is amazing,
Im sitting here getting a first hand account from Crosby at the SPC of his chase w/ Katrina. This is awesome. Apparently he took refuge at the same parking garage that Tim Marshall was at.

Back