8/9/2004 NOW: Southwest US

Freakin Football.. I knew I should've gone out...

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL ELBERT COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL COLORADO

* UNTIL 730 PM MDT

* AT 652 PM MDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TRAINED SPOTTERS REPORTED
A LARGE TORNADO 10 MILES NORTHWEST OF SIMLA...OR ABOUT 25 MILES
WEST OF LIMON...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO...MATHESON
AND SIMLA.

THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING
SITUATION. IF YOU ARE IN THE PATH OF THIS LARGE AND DESTRUCTIVE
TORNADO...TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY.

Waiting to hear word on this...

Tornadoes in Colorado Tonight

-701 PM NW Simla in Elbert County
-645 PM 10 N Simla in Elbert County 4 Multi Vortex Tornadoes on Ground
-549 PM 4 W Agate in Elbert County
-534 PM 8 W Agate in Elbert County
-529 PM 14 N Simla in Elbert county

Plus reports of softball size hail in Elbert County

Mike

AZ Monsoon! Here in AZ with some decent storms that fired up NW of Phoenix out off of I10. Thinking of going back out to see if I can get some lightning shots as it begins to cool off now that night fall is coming. You should have seen the sat image from a couple nights ago though. I've never seen such a huge area of strong/severe storms in my life... Just another summer here in AZ- nothing all that exciting.

Tornados in San Bernadino on Saturday and perhaps today especially after seeing some incredible cumulus towers today, Sunday - may get another day of it here with a little luck.....ahhh weather changes welcomed here in boring CA

Bill... I went out and chased on Saturday. Went over Ortega Hwy in to the Murietta area, and down the 15 towards San Diego. Big tower went up to my East over the Palomar Mt area, and looked pretty good, but I had to get back home before dinner, so I didn't have a chance to get close. Looks like the Barstow area got clobbered yesterday.

Cstok
Im assuming Joshua Tree, Julian, and Barstow as it looked like 3 areas of mention....good to see another wx person from California (Laguna Niguel here)
Boy I was tempted to make a chase out yesterday but my wife is recovering from surgey right now....
bill

Huge storms pounding the Phoenix Metro area. Great structure a couple minutes ago but the storms are pushing through fast and strong. Dust storm cut visibility to roughly 100 yards. Wind gusts above 50+ miles per hour. Sustained around 30+ outside my home. Check out the radar!

Thread getting old

I need to remind people this thread is getting too old. This thread was started for last week's storm activities. And in the last few posts, people were talking about storms occuring in the last two days now. If you wanted to make a post about current storm activities, please find a current thread. If you don't see one, ask a moderator to start one for you. Thank You. 8)

Back