7/27/06 NOW: WI/IL/IN

MatthewCarman

There is a SVR Thunderstorm watch out for north IL and west IN. A Tor warned storm currently sw of chicago and moving closer to chicago as it moves NE/E. Doplar radar is indicating strong rotation and a possible tornado on the ground. Is anyone chasing this storm?

rotation on the storm appears to be over orland park, storm is moving over a very densly populated area, reports of car crashes causing gridlock near and around the storm

Tornado warning issued for the storm near 55 and 80 near rockdale

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz....HUH...what? I feel like a bear who has just been startled out of hibernation. Wow, wrote this year off back in May. I was on these storms. Not intentionally, though. On the way home from work. Could see a nice tower up through the haze, turned the NOAA radio on, & away I went. Started off in Kendall Co., ending up into Will Co, which after 4pm is a feat in itself. I can confirm 1 funnel cloud I saw while sitting @ the I80 - I55 interchange. A very thin, needle type funnel off to my SE. Definetly not scud. Came down pretty far, but can't confirm it touching down. Due to construction, traffic, etc... I dare not try to go any further east. I heard several reports of funnels, BUT, with EVERYONE seemingly on the roads @ the same time, I'm sure there were a lot of people jumping the gun, calling in funnel reports which probably were scud, which there was a lot of, too. The Lake Michigan Storm Killing Machine was fully operational. Storm movement was around 15 mph, which was a little slower than most of the traffic on 55. Anyone else out there?

Back