7-25-05 IA/MA **still can't post in the Target Area MODS**

Bill Doms

EF3
Anyhow...Kossuth county IA, and Freeborn county MN:

Well, the lack of mid level support did me in today. I was concerned about the lack of true westerlies at H5 and this evidently turned out to be true. Managed to get on the cell I wanted southwest of Algora, IA for initiation after a quick data stop in Humboldt, IA at the library (Cingular has NOT covered NW and central IA as promised by June '05 LOL). Cell looked awesome for a little while as had a totally laminar updraft at the lower levels (obviously below 500 mb). This thing went from wild to gone in about 10 minutes just to the southeast of Titonka, IA. Wild motion going up and in on the right side of the action area and sinking on the left. Anyone who has seen a tor develop right in front of you knows what I'm talking about. Then POOF! Rainshower then nothing. Amazing...

Headed up to Albert Lea, MN to catch what was supposed to be a H5 speed max cutting in from the west. Turned out to be more southwest and alligned with the 850's nicely to produce on the the best shelfs I have seen in 10 years (at least from the underside!).

Shawn Hewitt called to tell me about a meso signature and shear marker on the northen end of the mini-bow. Evidently MPX came close to putting a torn warning on this as the couplet persisted for several volume scans. While traveling up 35 north of Albert Lea, saw an 18 wheeler blown off the road. Lots of branches on the west service road of 35 at this same location.

Anyhow, enjoy:

http://www.mnwxchaser.com/72505.html

Bill D
WXOCHS

There was a tornado confirmed in Kossuth County, Iowa tonight, destroyed a shed and did some crop damage...

From the Storm Prediction Center:
6 SSW ALGONA KOSSUTH IA 4299 9428 60 X 90 FOOT 2 YEAR SHED DESTROYED. EMERGENCY MANAGER REPORTS A TWISTED PATH THROUGH A CORN FIELD LEADING UP TO THE SHED WITH METAL ALSO DISTRIBUTED IN A CIRCULAR PATTE (DMX)

Back