5/28/06 FCST: TX

Dryline appears to be back in the Panhandles today, but just a little bit farther east than yesterday. Dew points right now in Booker, TX are holding in the mid 50s. Heat is building at the surface and temperatures have already climbed into the 90s. Couple of things that concern me with convection is the amount of dry air in the upper air and that the dryline is not as sharp. Storms should still fire on the dryline. I feel that any storm that does fire will be severe, mainly a wind threat. Cant rule out a couple of good microbursts, these are actually pretty cool to watch. Tornado threat appears to be very low and I'm not going to count on it. I'm going to sit tight here is Booker today and hope that I can get a nice LP here in the North-eastern Panhandles. Good luck to all that chases.

Aree with you Brandon,
There is still reasonable CAPE and LI for the region and with the troughline sitting nth - sth right across the Panhandle, it looks to have a good chance of repeating yesterday's good collection of LP cells

We have moved a little further south today, to the Shamrock TX area, in the hope of getting the larger tail end charlie cells that we saw develop yesterday down this way.

cheers
Dave and Cindy Nelson

Back