5/25/06 NOW: MI / IL / IN / OH / KY / TN / AL / GA

MatthewCarman

Several watches up and several Tornado warnings going on at this time.

TOR warnings in Michigan,Indiana and Georgia.

In Southwest Indiana and Northeast Michigan trained storm spotters are reporting funnel clouds. So starting a NOW Thread. Is anybody chasing these storms?

MOD: I forgot to abreviate the states in my title thanks for fixing that for me.

In Georgia there is a TOR warned storm north of Atlanta and moing east towards gainsville. So Starting a NOW Thread.

THE PUBLIC REPORTED A TORNADO NEAR BALL GROUND...OR
ABOUT 11 MILES NORTHEAST OF CANTON. THIS TORNADO WAS MOVING TO THE
EAST AT 15 MPH AND CROSSING HIGHWAY 575 NEAR BALL GROUND.

Is anyone chasing this storm?

Looks like the southern Knox county Indiana storm is really taking over. Real nice looking hook....I bet there is probably a good size tornado going on in southern Knox county right now.

well it looks like that supercell in Knox county has quickly morphed into something else.....more linear looking and less tornadic. I saw where Vincennes IN had golfball size hail with this storm earlier. It will be interesting to see if a tornado was reported with it or not.

Several watches up and several Tornado warnings going on at this time.

TOR warnings in Michigan,Indiana and Georgia.

In Southwest Indiana and Northeast Michigan trained storm spotters are reporting funnel clouds. So starting a NOW Thread. Is anybody chasing these storms?

MOD: I forgot to abreviate the states in my title thanks for fixing that for me.
[/b]

I've got some friends chasing the Michigan storms...I'm nowcasting for them...They were interning at the NWS in Gaylord when the storm was tornado warned. Before they got the reports of funnel clouds, they weren't going to tornado warn it.

Just came out of Franklin county in SE Indiana - the storm there got tornado warned while we were in the county. Lots of rain, didn't see anything but the 1.5 - 2 inches hail. The cell was looking good for the previous few scans - a TVS off and on, mesos then just before it reached Brookville it showed a nice couplet on the SRV. I guess that nice couplet pushed the NWS office to issue the TOR warning.

Althought we knew it, the terrain in this area is just horrible. At times we were driving through a forest - really! We were in a holler with no view of the sky at times. Note to self: don't chase in S Indiana again.

Still a TOR warned cell just west of branson missuori. If anyone is still chasing and heading that way take caution.

Back