5/24/10 DISC: SD

Rapid City has a damage survey up for the Howes/Plainview tornado, rated EF-2.
Also the second tornado after the first one dissipated did not cause damage, so it's an EF-0. It also mentions another tornado northwest of Faith that was EF-2.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=unr&storyid=52952&source=0

There is a link in there to an approximate pathing for the tornado(es). Maybe a couple of you closer to it than myself when it crossed 34 could answer me this: it looked to me that it wasn't that far west of that building in everyone's photos and that it actually crossed east of that curve, rather than west as they have indicated.

that's what I thought. I didn't realize that was a church, but that is the building I was referring to.

In your video you drove by me at the 1:15 mark, that's my Mazda on the right hand side. I was talking to those group of people on the left, they were on their way home from vacation, and not chasers, so they got a little treat ;)

Great video, by the way! You even got that little secondary one that spun up on the north side at the 3 minute mark. For some reason when I got there (about 200 yards behind your location) I flipped my car around, forgetting about my dash cam...lol, so my time lapse video omitted it crossing the road. I'll do better next year ;)

Back