4/23/06 FCST: TX/OK/KS/MO

No go for me. With very marginal shear, weak wind fields, high background pressures, and an upper ridge sitting right over the target area, along with the marginal moisture situation, I don't expect much to write home about.

I'd be heading for Burlington, CO this afternoon except for one reason: the community band I play in is having a concert at 7 p.m. tonight, so I can't chase today. Hopefully we'll get a nice storm or two back towards my area (Fort Morgan/Sterling) but it looks like the most interesting storms will be in far eastern CO/western KS today, and I couldn't make it back in time if I drove to Burlington or points further east. Besides, with gas being the way it is, I can't afford to chase a marginal situation like this. I'll just sit this one out, hope for at least a nicely structured non-severe storm within 50 miles of my house, and wait until an event with more significant potential comes along to go out chasing farther east. If I have to wait a couple of weeks for it, so be it.
Just my $0.02 worth.

I don't like the upper ridge over Central Kansa and Oklahoma. I'll sit this one out and await tomorrow.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara

Ryan McGinnis and I are sitting looking at data in Hays, KS on a very marginal day (but hey, it's Sunday!).
Storms firing around Dodge City are moving NE and expected to hit some higher CAPE air at about the same time the cap is expected to erode according to the ETA for 0Z Monday. I'm guessing this will occur somewhere around NE of Great Bend (perhaps the Lyons, KS area)*. This is the same area that multiple earlier experimental parameters identified, which is hopefully more than coincidence.

*(but then I'm a real rookie at this)
Wishcast out.

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE

I think we're going to go east here a bit towards Salina. There are some CU starting to materialize on the last few sat shots, and that's more than I can say for where we are sitting. The Tds are a bit better east, too.

Back